Today, competition has increased in all competitive examination. To get success in any Competitive Exam candidates has to prepare number of study materials. Aspirants have many things to be learned from a short span of time. Speed reading may be the solution for this problem. Speed reading makes you a smart reader instead of hard working reader. Here you may go through some important tips for speed reading.
- Have a reading diary : Note your reading progress in the diary. Record your reading speed of various texts in different timings. Compare the data in the end of a week. You can find whether your reading speed increasing or decreasing. And, you can find your peak time to read.
- It is more important how much of information/facts you have absorbed from the study material than how many pages you have covered reading.
- Be in a relaxed position while you read. If you are in stress do some meditation or simple exercise to calm down your stress. A relaxed mind absorbs more than a stressed mind.
- Have a goal of reading. Ask yourself"what I am going to read?".Set yourself targets of how much portion you are going to complete.
- Concentrate more on titles, subtitles and beginning of paragraphs.
- Understand the power of words. If you find some words such as 'consequently', 'to sum up' , 'therefore' , that may be the conclusion part. The words such as 'moreover', 'in addition to'will extends the portion with new concepts.
- Motivate yourself for your achievements. If you successfully execute your reading targets.
- Avoid mouth reading, as reading with your lips slower your reading speed.
- Reading with your finger pointed on the text will improve your concentration on reading. Don't point your finger word by word, as it will slow down your reading speed. As your target is to complete a big portion of hundred of pages, use your fingers pointing line by line or para by para. Remember your fingers should travel with coping with your mind speed.Remember you can not cover a long distance inch by inch, you can cover it by kilometer by kilometer.
- Practice ! Practice! Practice ! It only makes you perfect. Practice with consistence and increase your reading speed. Finally you will wonder seeing you read like a robo.
All the Best !