Prepared by Ms.Sarala Dhavamanoharan, Viluppuram
1.Government appointed ‘Working Group on Migration’ headed by Partha Mukhopadhay has recommended necessary legal and policy framework to protect the interests of the migrants in the country. The 18-member Working Group was constituted by Union Ministry of Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA) in 2015.
2.The Union Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation has launched week-long “Swachh Shakti Saptah” campaign to emphasize on active involvement of women in the Swachh Bharat Mission. This campaign will be conducting till March 8. PM Modi will be participating at the closing ceremony on March 8 at Gandhinagar , Gujarat
3.India Meteorological Department (IMD) has forecasted above normal temperature in most parts of the country during 2017 summer season. The predictions were given by Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology in Pune.
4.Thiruvananthapuram, capital of Kerala has topped in city governance ranking of the Annual Survey of India’s City Systems (ASICS) 2016 conducted by Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy.
Thiruvananthapuram topped in 2016 Survey, Pune is ranked second, Kolkata retained its third slot.,
5. The BCCI Awards are a set of annual cricket awards given by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). The awards were first given in 2006–07.
Recipients of 2015-16 BCCI Awards are
CK. Nayudu Lifetime achievement award: Padmakar Shivalkar, Rajinder Goel.
BCCI Lifetime achievement award: Shantha Rangaswamy.
BCCI special award: Late Ramakant Desai, VV Kumar.
Polly Umrigar Award: Virat Kohli. For third time, he was conferred with this award after 2011-12 and 2014-15 season.
Lala Amarnath Award for the best all-rounder in the Ranji Trophy: Jalaj Saxena (Madhya Pradesh).
Lala Amarnath Award for the best all-rounder in domestic limited-overs competitions: Axar Patel of (Gujarat).
Madavrao Scindia Award Highest scorer in the Ranji Trophy: Shreyas Iyer (Mumbai).
Madavrao Scindia Award Highest wicket-taker in the Ranji Trophy: Shahbaz Nadeem (Jharkhand).
A. Chidambaram Trophy Highest scorer in (U-23): Jay. G. Bosta (Mumbai).
A. Chidambaram Trophy Highest wicket-taker in (U-23): Satyajeet Bachhav (Maharashtra).
NKP Salve Award Highest scorer in (U-19): Arman Jaffer (Mumbai).
NKP Salve Award Highest wicket-taker in (U-19): Ninad Rathva (Baroda).
Raj Singh Dungarpur Award Highest scorer in (U-16): Abhishek Sharma (Punjab).
Raj Singh Dungarpur Award Highest wicket-taker in (U-16): Abhishek Sharma (Punjab).
Jagmohan Dalmiya Award (Best Woman cricketer (Sr.): Mithali Raj (Railways).
Jagmohan Dalmiya Award (Best Woman cricketer (Jr.): Deepti Sharma (Uttar Pradesh).
Best Umpire in Domestic cricket: Nitin Menon.
Best performance in BCCI Domestic tournaments: Mumbai Cricket Association.
6. International Rare disease Day is celebrated on Feb 27. Theme of 2017 is “ Research”
7. JS Deepak ( Telecom Secretary) was appointed as India’s next ambassador to the World Trade Organisation ( Geneva, Switzerland).
8. South Korean and United States held large-scale joint military exercise called Foal Eagle to test their defence readiness against the threat from North Korea.
9. Indian Navy have successfully test fired an anti ship missile from INS Kalvari
10. Odisha has signed an agreement with India to Invest in promoting Start – Up’s and MSME sectors of the state
11. China has announced that it will cut five lakh jobs from steel, coal and other heavy industries to reduce excess production capacity amid slowdown of its economy which is world’s second largest.
12. The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has signed a technology transfer agreement with Jindal Stainless (Hisar) Ltd. (JSHL) for manufacturing high nitrogen steel (HNS).
13. Indian shooter Jitu Rai won gold medal in 50 metre air pistol event at the ISSF World Cup held in New Delhi. By this Jitu created a new world record with 230.1 points in final. Indian shooter Amanpreet Singh won a silver medal in the same event. Vahid Golkhandan of Iran won Bronze in the same .
14. The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has appointed Portugal’s Luis Norton de Matos (63) as the head coach of the India’s Under-17 team for the FIFA Under-17 World Cup scheduled to be held in October 2017 in India.
15. Senior IAS officer Ajay Tyagi took charge as ninth Chairman of markets regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). He replaces U K Sinha
16. Internet users in India to cross 450 million by June .According to recently published report by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IMAI) and Indian Market Research Bureau (IMRB)
17. The National Green Tribunal has ordered a ban on campaining activities within 100 m of River Ganga
18. Hassan Saleh has been elected as Sudan’s first PM ever since Bashir took as the President of the country in 1989.
19. Malaysia is planning to cancel visa free entry of North Koreans
20. Swadheen Kshatriya was appointed as Chief Commissioner of Rights to Services ( RTS) of Maharashtra
21. UK’s House of Lords voted to amend the Brexit Bill to protect the Rights of EU citizens living in UK
22. Georgia was granted the approval for the visa free travel to The European Union by the member states recently.
23. Reliance Industries won the 7th National award for Technology Innovation for Petrochemicals and Downstream Plastic Processing Industry in the category of Innovation in Polymeric Materials.