Prepared by D.Sarala, Viluppuram
1. The Government of India has announced 14 scholarship schemes for Scheduled Castes and Other Backward Classes (OBCs) / Denotified, Nomadic and Semi-nomadic Tribes (DNTs) students come under Digital Payments Initiatives. All scholarship amount will be deposited in the bank accounts of the students.
2. IIT Kharagpur has planned to introduce Vastu Shashtra to the architecture students from this year August 2017.
3. The Telangana legislature has passed the Telangana Backward Classes, Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes (Reservation of Seats in Educational Institutions and of Appointments or Posts in the Services under the State) Bill, 2017, that seeks to raise substantially the reservation for backward Muslims and scheduled tribes.
4. Sai Praneeth had won Singapore Open Super series badminton title by defeating Srikanth. India become the fourth country to have its national in Men’s single super series after China, Denmark and Indonesia.
5. Gayathri Gopichand( daughter of National Badminton Coach Gopichand ) had won both singles and doubles title at Pembangunan Jaya Raya Junior Grand Prix held in Jakarta.
6. A deep depression in Bay of Bengal has turned into a tropical Cyclone and it was named as “Maarutha” which is expected to hit Myanmar on 17th April 2017. And will bring heavy rain to the parts of the country Maarutha is the first named storm of 2017 Northern Hemisphere tropical cyclone season.
7. Robert Taylor who was responsible for the word processing program Microsoft Word and development of Ethernet was passed away.
8. World’s oldest Woman “ Emma Morano (117) in Italy has passed away.
9. NASA has announced that Saturn’s sixth-largest moon Enceladus and Jupiter’s fourth-largest moon Europa may be habitable as they have the necessary ingredients required to sustain life.
10. The Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre under ISRO has developed indigenous technology to manufacture high-power batteries for use in two- and three-wheelers. Their feasibility was tested by ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India ) was found to be successful. So the Governmnent of India has directed ISRO to share battery technology for mass production of Lithium-Ion batteries for electric vehicles.
11. Scientists have found second Great Cold spot in Jupiter which was found to be 24000 km across and 12000 km wide.Earlier the Great Red Spot was found in 1830.
12. The Union government has planned to allow Cash and ATM management companies to attract 100% foreign direct investment and exempted them from compliance to the Private Security Agencies (Regulation) Act (PSARA).
13. ISRO is going to launch its South Asia Satellite in May 2017. It is a proposed geosynchronous communications and meteorology satellite for the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAS) region. During the 18th SAARC summit held in Nepal in 2014, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi mooted the idea of a satellite serving the needs of SAARC member nations, part of his Neighbourhood first policy.
14. The Maharashtra Government has introduced a scheme for framers which was known to be “Enriched Farmer Scheme” to help farmers in increasing their income by cutting production cost and to increase their output in advanced farming.
15. China is planned to launch its first cargo space craft into space.
16. Pankaj Advani defeated Sourav Kothari and won the Asian Billiards Championship title 2017 held in Chandigarh ( April 14 , 2017)
17. Trupti Jain ( Indian Environmental Engineer ) had won 2017 Cartier Women’s initiative award for providing women working on farms with water management solutions and protecting small farmers against droughts and flash floods