1. India’s first and longest sea ropeway to link Mumbai with the famous Elephanta Island in the Arabian Sea is going to constructed by the Mumbai Port Trust. The 8-km long ropeway will start from Sewri in Mumbai’s east coast and end at Elephanta Island at Raigad district.
2. Astronaut Peggy Whitson has broken the previous record set by Jeff Williams .She has set a new space record for most days ( 534 days in total ) in space by a US astronaut.
3. Galleria mellonella (The wax worm) has possessing the ability to biodegrade polyethylene plastic waste faster . The bacteria was found to biodegrade plastics at a rate of just 0.13mg a day.
4. In order to boost employment and e-governance besides export of software technology, IT hub has been set up at a cost of Rs 50 crore at Tripura ( Agartala) . It is considered to be Northeast’s sixth and largest hub for information technology.
5. The central government has informed the Supreme Court that it intends to provide unique identification number for cows as suggested by an expert committee to track cattle and prevent their trafficking. The unique ID will have the details like cattle’s age, breed, sex, height, body colour, horn type, tail switch, lactation profile (in case of milch cattles) and other special marks.
6. The World Health Organization has announced that it is going to test the first malaria vaccine (The vaccine, RTS,S, also known as Mosquirix)in Kenya, Ghana and Malawi by 2018. The RTS, S vaccine works by targeting the liver phase of the malaria parasite’s life cycle.
7. Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilisers and Chemicals Ltd (GNFC) has won the prestigious Golden Globe Tigers Award for Excellence and Leadership in CSR for the year 2017 in the category of ‘E-Payment Leadership’. GNFC has been awarded for the implementation of digital transactions in its township at Bharuch (Gujarat).
8. “The State/UT Agricultural Produce and Livestocks Marketing (promotion and facilitation) Act, 2017” has been unveiled by the agriculture ministry In order to provide more freedom to farmers to sell their products.
9. Kaapi Soil Health Management and Monitoring (Kshemam) app has been launched by Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management-Kerala (IIITM-K) to provide soil nutrient information and fertiliser recommendation for coffee plantation owners.
10. Yes bank has won the Golden Peacock innovative product/ service award for the year 2017
11. Vani Jayaram ( Play back singer ) was presented the Ghantasala National Award which is instituted in the name of Telugu singing legend Ghantasala Venkateswara Rao
12. The Peshawar high court recently allowed Pakistani Hindus to worship at a Shiva temple in Abbottabad
13. Haryana beat Kerala to win team championship at National Athletics meet. Kerala girls retained the crown.
14. 101 year old man Kaur bagged gold in 100 m event at World Master Games. The Chandigarh- based Sprinter will also compete in the 200 m race .
15. April 25 – World Malaria Day with the theme Malaria Prevention : let’s close the gap
16. Aamir Khan was awarded with 75th Master Dinanath Mangeshkar Award for his film “Dangal”
17. World Book Capital 2017- Conarky, Guinea
18. Indo –French Naval Maritime Exercise “ Varuna “ ( 24t April to 20th April ) is taking place at the Mediterranean Sea. Guided Missile destroyer INS Mumbai,Stealth frigate INS Trishuland fleet tanker INS Aditya are taking part in it.
19. Etihad appoints Robin Kamark as CEO ofg Airline Equity Partners.
20. Donald Trump is planning to send American Astronauts to Mars during his first term as the President of United States.