Prepared by D.Sarala
1. The World Economic Forum has announced 2017 Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Index. India was placed at 40th Position among 136 countries. Spain. France and Germany placed at 1st , 2nd and 3rdplace respectively.
2. Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana ( RKVY) under the Union ministry of Agriculture and a wing of ISRO , National Remote Sensing Centre (MRSC) have signed an MOU for geo tagging agricultural assets such as crops area, ponds, ware houses and laboratories, etc. Geo tagging is nothing but the process of adding geographical identification like latitudinal or longitudinal to photos or videos.
3. India ranked 9th position in bribery and corruption practices in businesses among 41 countries as per EMEIA survey. (EMEIA is Europe , Middle East, India and Africa )
4. RBI has changed the reverse repo rate from 5.75 to 6% for the first bimonthly monitory policy review of the financial year 2017-18 and the repo rate was kept unchanged at 6.25%
5. 64th National Film fare awards for the year 2016 was announced
Kasaav ( Marathi film ) won the award in Best feature film category. “ Joker “ was chosen as the Best Film in Tamil . Best Lyricist : Kavignar Vairamuthu for the film Dharmadurai “. Best production Design : 24. Best Actor : Akshay Kumar ( Rustom ), Best actress : Surabhi Lakshmi (Minnaminungu),Best Play back Singer : Sundar Iyer ( Tamil Nadu ); Best Direction : Rajesh ( Ventilation )
6. India inked a deal with Israel for advanced medium -range and surface – air missile systems ( MRSAM) systems
7. The Central Board of Direct Taxes ( CBDT) has clarified that the ban on transactions of Rs. 2 lakhs more is not applicable for withdrawal in banks and post offices.
8. Sex ratio in Haryana has improved a lot after launching “ Beti Bachao , Beti padho “ Programme. For the first time in the State’s history it marked 950 as said by CM Manohar Lal Khattar.
9. “Purohityam “ a one year diploma course on Hindu priesthood will be launched from July 2017 in Madhya Pradesh by the state run Maharishi Patanjali Sanskrit Sansthan . Basic Qualification for enrolling in it is class X irrespective of religion, caste or sex.
10. The foundation stone for multi modal terminal and four lane bridge on the river Ganga was laid by PM Narendra Modi in Sahibganj district of Jharkhand. This multi modal terminal is the important component for the development of National Waterways (NW1) from Varnasi (UP) to Haldia (WB) and the four lane bridge on the Ganga river will be connecting Sahibganj to Manihari inKathihar district of Bihar.
11. April 6 – International day of Sports for Development and Peace is celebrated every year to recognise the power of sports in promoting peace .
12. The Indian Olympic association ( IOA) has granted affiliation to the Boxing federation of India ( BFI)
13. Indian Boxer Shyam Kumar K won gold in ( 49 kg category) in Thailand International Tournament which is held at Bangkok . This is his second medal after his 2015 edition.
14. First basket ball school in India has been launched by US based National Basket Ball Association ( NBA) in Mumbai ( Maharashtra. The school was opened to train young basket ball players both male and female under age 6-18.
15. Pakistani education activist and Noble peace prize winner Malala Yousafzai become the youngest messenger of peace announced by Un Secretary General Antonio Guterres .
16. Scientists from Boston University School of Medicine(US) have discovered a protein that increases effectiveness of vaccines against cancer .The scientists have purified a bacteria “neisseria meningitis” on its exterior side to provide a better vaccination response.
17. US President Donald Trump has nominated prominent Indian-American law expert Neomi Rao as Administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) (regulatory czar).
18. US President Donald Trump has nominated Indian-American Vishal Amin as Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator in the Executive Office of the President (IP czar).