1. Kerala’s popular hill station Munnar won the award for “best romantic destination” at the 2017 Lonely Planet Magazine Indian travel awards.
2. Two Indian Peace Keepers Brijesh Thapa and Ravi Kumar were honoured with a prestigious UN medal ( Dag Hammerskjold Medal ) awarded posthumously for courage and service in the line of duty on 24th May 2017.
3. The Union Cabinet chaired by PM Modi on 24th May 2017 approved the proposal to phase out Foreign Investment Promotion board (FIPB) and allowing administrative ministries and departments to process applications for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) requiring government approval.
4. Two Indian Cities Mumbai and Kota have been named among the world’s most crowded cities list according to the World Economic Forum (WEF) that cited UN-Habitat data.Dhaka, the Capital of Bangladesh topped in the list, Mumbai India’s financial city ranked second and Kota in Rajasthan was placed at 7th position.
5. India’s first underwater rail tunnel , that was being constructed under the Hooghly river for establishing metro link between Howrah and Kolkatta got completed on 23rd May 2017, ahead of scheduled time. For the Construction of tunnel , a giant tunnel boring machine Rachna was deployed to dig the tunnel . The machine was brought from Herrenknecht AG plant in Schwanau in Germany.
6. Rajan Anandan , Google India’s Managing Director was appointed as the Chairman of IAMAI( Internet And Mobile Association of India) while Deep Kalra , Chairman and group CEO of Make My Trip was appointed as Vice Chairman of IAMAI.
7. On the eve of completion of 3 years of Modi Government , the article reviews the major initiatives and achievements of the NDA II government in the economic sector ( key initiatives, challenges and achievements)
8. DIPP, the nodal body for “Start -Up India” said that an entity shall now be considered a Start -Up to seven years from the date of its incorporation/ registration. Earlier in 2016, the companies which were not older than 5 years from the date of incorporation were eligible for concessions under the plan .
9. UP CM yogi Adityanath has launched massive eradication programme to eradicate JE ( Japanese enveplhalitis) vaccination drive in 38 districts of UP. He also introduced a toll free no(18001805544) to get or provide any information about encephalitis.
10. Anurag Tripathy was appointed as the Secretary of CBSE for a period of 5 years.
11. PM Modi inaugarted India’s longest bridge , this 3 lane 9.15 km bridge has been built over river Lohit , a tributary of river Brahmaputra that links Dhola to Sadiya in Assam.
12. The Department of Telecommunications (DOT) has sent a revised proposal to the Committee of Secretaries that will enable on-board Wi-Fi services.
13. The Union Environment Ministry bans sale of cattle for slaughter. The new regulations state that cattle bought cannot be resold within 6 months . It also stated that young and unfit animals cannot be traded.
14. Amul Thapar has become the second Indian –American to be appointed to a key judicial position in the US Circuit Court of Appeals.
15.The Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Trivendra Singh Rawat launched a campaign of water harvesting and conservation on 25th May 2017 in the state capital Dehradun.