Prepared by D.Sarala
1. Free Wi-Fi facility at 28 Railway Stations of Konkan Railway from Kudal Railway Station in Maharashtra was inaugurated by Railways Minister Sur4esh Prabhu. It was tied by with SYSCON/JOISTER for providing Wi-Fi
2. India have won all the 10 Gold Medals on offer in the South Asian Junior Table Tennis championship tournament which was held in Mount Lavinia, near Colombia in Sri Lanka.
3. Prashant Ranganathan has emerged winner in the world’s largest pre-college science competition in the environment engineering category for his work on biodegradation of pesticides in the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair held in the US.
4. The 52nd Annual General Meeting of African Development Bank (AfDB) is being held at Gandhinagar in Gujarat from May 22-26, 2017.
5. May 22 -International Day for Biodiversity or World Biodiversity Day with the theme of 2017 is “Biodiversity and Sustainable Tourism”.
6. May 21- World Day for Cultural diversity for Dialogue and Development was observed with aim to bridge the gap between different cultures.
7. The manual “ Living Conditions in Institutions for Children in conflict with law” was issued by the ministry of Women and child Development after the Supreme Court in Feb2017 asked it to develop a list of do’s and don’ts for juveniles in government care.
8. Deaf –blind people “ Watch” television without intermediaries was developed by the researchers under “PervasiveSUB project”
9. Mumbai Indians beats Rising Pune Super giant to win 10th edition of IPL. It is the third time Mumbai Indians clinched the title.
10. Manav Vikas School, Jamshedpur has decided to set up eco-friendly toilet made up of plastic bottle and other used materials .
11. Italian Open Men’s Single title won by Alexander Zverev by defeating Novak Djokovic in the finals held in Rome, Italy.
12. Astronomers using the Solar Digital Sky Survey ( SDSS) have created the world’s first map of the large scale structure of the universe based entirely on the position of Quasars. Quasars are incredibly bright and distant points of light.
13. The Bengaluru FC defeated Mohun Bagan to lift the federation cup at Barabatti stadium in cuttack but the mnatch was end in a tie 0-0 draw in regulation time.
14. N’Golo Kante ( French Midfielder) named English Premier league’s player of the year.
15. Donald Trump , the president of USA called for an International Isolation of Iran to root out terrorism from the region