1. June 15- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day with the theme of 2017 “Understand and end financial abuse of older people : A human Rights issue.
2. The government has made Aadhaar mandatory for opening bank accounts as well as for carrying out financial transactions above of Rs 50,000.
3. India has won its re-election to the UN’s principal organ on economic, social and environmental issues for another three-year term. India was one among the 18 nations to win election to the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).Along with India, Japan and Philippines also re-elected to ECOSOC.
4. Adani Group set up 50 MW solar PV plant with an investment of Rs315 Cr in Mahoba district of Uttar Pradesh under the National Solar Mission Sheme.
5. The Shipping Corportaion of India in collaboration with Ministry of Shipping ,govt of India has organized ‘Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas’ sammelan at Vile parle in Mumbai.
6. Eminent Litterateur Yeshe Dorjee Thongchi belongs to the West Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh has been chosen for the Bhupen Hazarika Award 2017.The award will be conferred on Thongchi at a function to be held in Jammu & Kashmir in September 2017 by Pune –based Social Organization Sarhad.
7. Congress MLA Ajaib Singh Bhatti was unanimously elected as the Deputy Speaker of Punjab Legislative Assembly.
8. Former Chief Justice of India (17th CJI) P N Bhagwati passed away. Justice Bhagwati introduced the concepts of Public Interest Litigation (PIL) and absolute liability to the Indian judicial system.
9. China on 15th June 2017 has successfully launched its first X-ray Space Telescope named “Insight “ to study black holes , pulsars and gamma –ray bursts.
10. India has moved up 6 places to reach 60th place among 130 countries in the Global Innovation Index 2017, co-authored by Cornell University, INSEAD and World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO),emerging as the top-ranked economy in Central and South Asia. This is the 10th edition of the Global Innovation Index 2017 (GII). Top 10 most Innovative countries: Switzerland, Sweden, the Netherlands, the US, the UK, Denmark, Singapore, Finland, Germany and Ireland. Switzerland leads the rankings for the 7th consecutive year.
11.China-led Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has approved $150 million equity investment loan to the India Infrastructure Fund. This loan will be the bank’s first equity investment to fund private projects.