1. The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development has clarified that” Beti Bachao Beti Padhao scheme” has no provisions for individual cash transfer component . It focuses on issues of women empowerment on life cycle basis. It is not a Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). The ministry has announced that some illegal activities took place in the states of UP, Bihar,Haryana, Punjab, Uttarakhand,MP and West Bengal. Certain NGO’s, unauthorized organizations and individuals distributing forms in the name of cash incentive under this scheme.
2. Odisha become the first state to have developed Early Warning Dissemination System(EWDS) ,an automatic public address system that can be activated across the state. It alarms the people residing along its 480 km-long coast in the event of the occurrence of natural disasters like a tsunami or a cyclone.
3. Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and National Stock Exchange of India (NSE) has approved Bharathi Airtel for the proposed scheme of merger with Telenor (India) Communications Private Ltd.
4. The Astana Summit will be held on 8-9 June in Astana, Kazakhstan. India and Pakistan’s admission to the China-backed Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) will be formalised at the SCO’s summit .The (SCO) granted full membership status to Pakistan and India during its Ufa summit held in Russia in 2015. India signed the Memorandum on accession in June 2016. The full members of the organization are China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan. SCO is headquartered in Beijing.
5. India and Russia have inked 5 pacts during the visit of Prime Minister Modi to Russia between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin . The most important are an agreement on cultural exchanges for a period of two years (2017-2019) has been signed between the two nations and an agreement for the construction of the third stage of the Kudankulam NPP (KK5 & KK6) along with the Credit Protocol has been signed between NPCIL and ROSATOM.
6. Telangana has launched a digital wallet named T-Wallet for people to make public and private financial transactions. The service can also be availed by those people who do not have mobile phones. The public who do not have smartphones can use the wallet for transactions using MeeSeva centres. The service has been launched as “anytime anywhere digital payment option for everyone”. The Telangana Government has tied up with Vijaya Bank for providing this service.
7. NASA’s first mission (NASA’s Parker Solar Probe ) to the sun and its outermost atmosphere corona will be launched in 2018 . The probe initially called the Solar Probe Plus has been renamed as the Parker Solar Probe in honor of astrophysicist Eugene Parker. Parker’s theory of solar wind in 1958 was confirmed later on by satellite observations. This is the first time NASA has named a spacecraft after a living person.
8. Virat kohli (13th spot), Dhoni (15th spot ) Yuvraj (90th spot ) and Raina (95th spot). are the only 4 Indians who featured in ESPN’s ranking of the 100 most famous active athletes in the world. Portuguese footballer Christiano Ronaldo topped in the list. The ranking system is based on a formula devised by ESPN director of sports analytics Ben Alamar based on the parameters like endorsements, social media reach and other data.
9. Historian Ramachandra Guha submitted his resignation as BCCI administrator to Chairman of the Committee of Administrators of the BCCI Vinod Rai by citing personal reasons on May 28,2017
10. Google on June 1st marked the 8 nation ICC champions trophy 2017 would begin at the Oval in London with an addictive doodle game. It involves insects on batting side and snails in the bowling team.the users can play the game versus snails.Teams are divided into Group A and Group B. Group A ( England, Bangladesh, Australia and New Zealand) and Group B ( India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and South Africa). The opening match played between the hosts England and Bangladesh.India’s first match with Pakistan on 4th June.Finals of Champions trophy I son 18th June 2017.West Indies for the first time has not qualified for this trophy as it was not ranked in ICC team rankings.
11. June 1 – Global Day of Parents
12. Japan has launched a satellite to help build a high precision geo location system that will complement the US operated GPS. The rocket carrying the Michibiki No : 2 satellite H-IIA was launched from Tanegashima space center in Kagoshima prefecture, Southern Japan.
13. Haryana cabinet has approved the extension of metro rail project from Delhi to Sonapet.
14. Former IFS and Indian ambassador to US Nirupama Rao has been appointed as the Public Policy Fellow to a top American think-tank based in Washington.
15.India and World Bank signed an agreement for IBRD Credit of USD 36 million for Himachal Pradesh Public Financial Management Capacity Building Progaram.