1.UNICEF has announced the Syrian refugee Muzoon Almellehan , a 19 yr old education activist as its newest and youngest good will ambassador. This announcement makes Muzoon the first person with official refugee status to become an ambassador for UNICEF.
2. June 20 – World Refugee Day is observed every year to commemorate the strength, courage and perseverance of millions of refugees.
3. India re-nominates Dalveer Bhandari for another term of judge to the International Court of Justice, Hague.
4. CBDT notifies rule 10 CB for secondary adjustments under section 92 CE of IT Act, 1961. The provision also describes the rate of interest for computing the income in case of failure to repatriate the excess money within the prescribed time limit.
5. Lockheed Martin and India’s Tata Advanced Systems at the Paris Air show have signed a pact to produce F-16 fighter planes in India
6. Mumbai’s Taj Mahal Palace hotel has acquired an ‘image trademark‘ and it is the first building in the country to acquire intellectual property rights protection for its architectural design under the Trademark Act of 1999. Henceforth, the image of Taj Mahal Palace hotel’s dome and exterior can be used only with the consent of Taj Hotels Palaces Resorts Safaris.
7. India has become the 71st nation to join the United Nations TIR (Transports Internationaux Routiers) Convention that will help boost trade and regional interaction across South Asia and beyond.
8. Minister of State for Power, Coal, New and Renewable Energy and Mines has launched the Energy Conservation Building Code 2017 (ECBC 2017) The code aims to achieve energy neutrality in commercial buildings. ECBC 2017 aims to optimise energy savings with the comfort levels for occupants. The code sets clear criteria for builders, designers and architects to integrate renewable energy sources in building design through the inclusion of passive design strategies. The code provides present as well as futuristic advancements in building technology to cut down building energy consumption and promote low-carbon growth.
9. India and Portugal have signed a protocol of cooperation in the field of archives in Lisbon, Portugal.
10. Anil Ambani’s Reliance Defence Ammunition which is a subsidiary of Reliance Infrastructure has entered into a strategic partnership with Serbia’s state-run Yugoimport to manufacture ammunition in India. Accordingly, Yugoimport has offered a fully compliant technical solution to meet the Make in India requirements of the Indian government.
11. After an extensive search carried out for four years, NASA’s Kepler space telescope has detected a total of 49 planets in the Goldilocks zone .It has identified 10 Earth-like planets outside the solar system that are expected to host life due to their right size and temperature. Goldilocks Zone refers to a habitable zone where the temperature is neither too high nor too low.
12. Larsen & Toubro has launched the first indigenously built Floating Dock (FDN-2) to repair Indian Navy ships at its Shipyard at Kattupalli, north of Chennai. The floating shipyard would be handed over to the Indian Navy after conducting three to four months of trial. After the trials, FDN-2 will be moved to Andaman & Nicobar Islands. There it would be used for repairing assets of the Indian Navy and also of other services. The FDN-2 is a wholly Made in India product.
13. Ramamani Iyengar Memorial Yoga Institute, Pune has become the first recipient of the Prime Minister’s Award for outstanding contribution to promotion and development of Yoga.both domestically and internationally over a period of four decades. It has also published a number of books on yoga which has been translated into multiple languages. This award was instituted at the 2nd International Day of Yoga celebrations at Chandigarh by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
14. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is all set to launch earth observation satellite Cartosat-2 series weighing 712 kg and 30 nano-satellites using Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV). Out of the 30 nano-satellites, 29 will be of foreign origin and one will be of India’s. The 29 nano-satellites will be from 14 countries such as Austria, Belgium, Britain, Chile, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia, and the US. These 29 satellites will be launched by ISRO as part of the commercial arrangements between ISRO’s commercial arm, the Antrix Corporation Ltd with these nations. The 30 satellites will together weigh 243 kg. The total weight of the 31 satellites would be 955 kg. The PSLV-XL will be launched from the Sriharikota rocket port. This will be the seventeenth flight of PSLV in ‘XL’ configuration. It uses solid strap-on motors.
15. For the very first time NASA is testing the effectiveness of a flexible solar array, the Roll-Out Solar Array, or ROSA, on space station . ROSA is expected to be one day power satellites and spacecraft. NASA had already tested the ROSA technology in vacuum chambers on the Earth.
16. June 21 – International Yoga Day with the theme of 2107 “ Yoga for Health “.The theme has been chosen to highlight the fact that yoga can contribute in a holistic way to achieving an equilibrium between mind and body. The first International Yoga Day (IYD) was celebrated across the world on 21 June 2015.This is the third edition which was inaugurated by PM Modi at Ramabai Ambedkar Ground in Lucknow
17. China has unveiled world’s first train that runs on a virtual track making use of sensor technology instead of metal rails. The train will be rolled out for public use in 2018. It will be launched in the Chinese city of Zhuzhou in a bid to help to deal with traffic in the area. The new train is expected to have a lifespan of around 25 years. The new trains will make use of rubber wheels on a plastic core and can be automatically guided without rails. This new technology has been copyrighted by the Chinese rail corporation.
18. The Scandinavian country Sweden became the first country to be committed to become a net zero carbon emission emitter by 2045.
19. Anil Kumble resigns as a head coach of Indian Cricket team .
20. Travis Kalanick resigns as a CEO from Uber. He took the hard decision after a group of major Uber investors demanded his immediate resignation.
21. A 483 MW gas -steam Combined Heat and Power (CHP) plant , built by China -Russia joint venture officially started on 20th June 2017
22. India and ADB (Asian Development Bank) have signed USD 275 million loan agreement for upgrading small towns in Madhya Pradesh. The project will be carried out in design-build operate model including 10-years operation.
23. Qatar Airways announced world’s Best Airline at 2017 Skytrax World Airline Awards.On the other hand Air Asia won awards for being the Best Low cost Airline in Asia for a month year in the row and also as World’s Best Low Cost Airline Premium Cabin 2017