1. June 6 – United Nations Russian Language Day is observed annually to maintain the equality of all six official Union Languages.( English. French, Arabic, Chinese , Spanish and Russian)
2. Real Madrid( Professional Foot ball Club) defeated Juventus 4-1 to win a record extending 12th title. With this Real Madrid became the first team to successfully defend their title in Champions League Era( Euopean Cup/ UEFA Champions League title) and the first to do so since Milan in 1990.
3. Ace Indian Shuttler B Sai Praneeth has clinched Thailand Grand Prix Gold title by defeating Indonesia’s Jonatan Christie which was held at Nimibutr Stadium In Bangkok ( 30 May – 4 June 2017)
4. The World Bank’s Global Economic Prospects (GEP) has projected a growth rate of 7.2% for India in the financial year 2017 as against 6.8% growth in 2016. Also, the bank in its report expects India’s growth rate to remain at 7.5% in 2018 and 7.7% in 2019.
5. Only a few countries such as Germany, Australia, Canada, the U.S., Britain, Denmark, Finland, France, Norway, Sweden and Israel have allowed women in combat roles, The Indian Army is expected to soon open up combat positions for women. This has been stated by Army Chief Gen. Bipin Rawat.
6. NASA will launch the Terrier-Improved Malemute sounding rocket into the space that will release blue-green and red artificial clouds. The launch is expected to support space studies. These artificial clouds will be visible from New York to North Carolina.
7. The MGNREGA annual award will be given to Vizianagaram district in Andhra Pradesh for its effective implementation of the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act during the time period 2015-16 as announced by the Ministry of Rural Development. This would be presented to the Programme co-ordinator and District Collector at the MNREGA Sammelan on 19th june 2017 in New Delhi.
8. The UN security council has unanimously passed a resolution expanding targeted sanctions against North Korea. After North Korea launched its ninth ballistic missile test of the year. This is the first such resolution since the US President Donald Trump took office, which is agreed upon by the United States and China.
9. The United States has handed over 100’s of anti-terror weapons including machine guns, pistols and grenade launchers to Philippines during the ceremony held in Manila that highlighted a decade old American Counter Terrorism assistance Program to Philippines.
10. Six Countries of the Arab region , Saudi Arabia, Libya, Egypt, Bahrain, Yemen and UAE ( United Arab Emirates) cut off their diplomatic ties with Qatar and eject Qatar’s diplomat from their territories . All the countries have accused Doha for destablishing the region.
11. June 5- World Environment Day with the theme 2017 – Connecting People to Nature.
12. Ganeshan Neelakantan Iyer became the first Indian to be inducted into International Table tennis Federation (ITTF). He is nominated as a member of the Umpires and Referees Committee (URC)
13. NASA will launch the Neutron Star Interior Composition Explorer, or NICER, aboard a Falcon 9 rocket , the world’s first ever mission devoted for studying neutron stars. The mission will focus especially on Pulsars.
14. The MoU was signed for developing a 1,200 MW Budhigandaki Hydroelectric Project, which will be the biggest hydro project in Nepal having the potential to resolve its perennial power crisis in the presence of outgoing Prime Minister of Nepal Pushpa Kamal Dahal ‘Prachanda’ and Chinese Ambassador to Nepal Yu Hong.
15. The 2017 Global Retail Development Index (GRDI) titled ‘The Age of Focus‘ has placed India at the top position among 30 developing countries on ease of doing business in the retail sector. This is the 16th edition of the Global Retail Development Index (GRDI). China stands at the Second Position but still China’s market size and the continued evolution of retail still make it one of the most attractive markets for retail investment.
16. India’s first rural LED street lighting project under the Government of India’s Street Lighting National Project (SLNP) will be carried out by the Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) functioning under the Ministry of Power in Gram Panchayats of 7 districts in Andhra Pradesh by retrofitting 10 lakh conventional street lights with LED lights.
17. Habibganj railway station in the suburbs of Bhopal will become India’s first railway station to be redeveloped in a public-private partnership (PPP) mode. On June 9, station redevelopment work in the railway station will be launched by Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu. This project aims at developing Habibganj railway station as a as a world-class transit hub equipped with all amenities.
18. India successfully test fired its first all weather tracked (QR-SAM )Chassis Quick Reaction Surface to air missile from a mobile launcher at the integrated Test Range at Chandipur, Odisha.
19. India signed a loan agreement with World Bank for Assam Citizen Centric Service Delivery Project. The total estimated cost for this project is USD 49 million.
20. The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has announced that it is working on a forecasting system that will give a 15-day warnings on the likelihood of a malaria or chikungunya outbreak across different regions of the country.
21. The World’s fastest elevator that can operate at a record breaking speed of 1260 metres per minute is set to been installed in a skyscrapper complex building in China.
22. As part of its initiative to promote digital banking among the rural population the Vijaya Bank has stated that it plans to develop as many as 100 digital villages in various States across the country . At present Vijaya Bank is the only public sector financial institution to develop digital villages with focus on rural population. Already, the bank has developed 5 villages into Digital Villages.
23. Rutland Island in South Andaman to be the site for the country’s long-range missile test facility. DRDO has been seeking the approval for the test facility since 2012. Taking into account the strategic importance of the project for country’s defence, the Standing Committee of the National Board of Wildlife has approved the project
24. ISRO have successfully launched India’s heaviest communication satellite GSAT-19 using launch vehicle GSLV Mark III D1 from sathish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota on 5th June 2017 .
25. Denmark ( Scandinavian Country) recently repealed the 334 year old blasphemy law that forbids public insults of a religion.
26. Union Minister Nitin Gadkari has inaugurated a new bridge on River Savitri at Mahad on Mumbai-Goa highway in Maharshtra
27. Sarita R Singh became the first Indian woman to mark 65m in hammer throw