1. Rafael Nadal has set a record winning his 10th French Open Title by defeating Stan Wawrinka in Paris, France. None other than him won this title at the same event.
2. Ryan Harrison and Michael Venus won the Men’s doubles title in French Open Tennis 2017
3. Jelena Ostapenko is the winner of Women’s single title in French Open Tennis 2017
4. Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Lucie Safarova won the 2017 French Open Women’s doubles title
5. Gabriela Dabrowski and India’s Rohan Bopanna won the 2017 French Open Mixed doubles title.
6. The Indian Railways is planning to induct about 40000 revamped coaches at an estimated cost of Rs. 8000 Cr to provide world class comfort to the passengers.
7. June 12 –World Day against Child Labour with the theme 2017 “ In conflicts and disasters , protect children from child labour.
8. Eminent Social rights activist Mehrunnisa Dalwai (87) passed away
9. The UK general elections results reveal a hung parliament with the conservatives losing seats to both the Labour party and the liberal democrats across the country.
10. Polish Poet Adam Jagajewski won Spain’s Princess of Asturia’s award for literature.He was awarded for his resolute stance in defence of freedom and the search for beauty , works of great human depth and fine aesthetic sensibility.
11. Maharashtra state govt has announced a loan waiver for farmers and decided to form a committee to decide the criteria of debt relief .
12. NITI Aayog has launced SATH ( Sustainable action for transforming Human Capital)program for Co-operative federalism.
13. Soumitra Chatterjee , Bengali actor was honoured with 2017 Legion d’ Honneur , the highest French civilian honour.
14. The Union government on 11 June, 2017 has launched a portal “Tele law service” which will available through Common Service Centre (CSC) network to provide legal aid for the people living in rural areas via video conferencing .
15. The noted Telugu and Urdu Poet and writer C Narayana Reddy passed away on 12 June 2017. He is a Padma Bhushan and Jnanpith awardee.
16. England defeated Venezuela to won the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup for the first time which recently held in Suwon,South Korea
17. Ela Gandhi, the granddaughter of Mahatma Gandhi was honoured for life time activism at the 70th anniversary of 1946 Indain Passive Resistance Campaign in South Africa
18. The State Bank of India, Country’s largest lender cut the interest rate on home loans above Rs 75 lakhs by 10 basis points (bps) to 8.60 points.
19. Ex-UN General Assembly President Miguel D’Escoto Brockmann has passed away recently.
20. Veteran Congress leader and member of Rajya Sabha P. Govardhan Reddy passed away recently.
21. Indian Cricket Captain Virat Kohli has been ranked 89th , is the sole Indian person to feature in the 2017 Forbes list of the World’s highest paid athletes.
22. India –UN Development Partnership Fund will implement country level projects that are catalytic towards achieving the 17 suistainable development goals of the 2030 agenda.
23. EU imposes new anti dumping duties on steel products from China.
24. Theresa May has appointed her close ally Damian Green as her first secretary of state , effectively her deputy Prime Minister.
25. Justice CS Karnan becomes first High Court Judge to retire while absconding . The Supreme court in May 2017 sentenced him to 6 months imprisonment for contempt of court and ordered his immediate arrest.
26. Commerce Secretary Rita Teaotia while addressing the 22nd APEDA Export award function in New Delhi said that India emerged as 7th largest exporter of agri- products globally.
27. Renowned poet and essayist Haraprasad Das on June 11, 2017 was conferred with the prestigious Kalinga Literary Award for his contribution to literature at the 4th edition of Kalinga Literary Festival. This year 2 new category was announced : Kalinga International Literary award and Kalinga Karubaki award. Anand Neelakantan was honoured with Kalinga International award for his contribution towards literature and Paramita Satpathy was chosen for Kalinga Karubaki award for her contribution to Odia poetry.
28. Lewis Hamilton has won Canadian Grand Prix at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, Canada. It is Hamilton’s sixth victory at the Canadian Grand Prix and Second place: Valtteri Bottas of Mercedes, Third Place: Australian Daniel Ricciardo of Red Bull, Fourth Place: Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel, Fifth Place: Force India’s Sergio Perez respectively.
29. Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Pema Khandu has demand for a separate time zone for the northeastern states to improve work efficiency and save electricity in the region. According to him, several daylight hours are getting wasted as government offices opens only at 10am and closes as early as 4pm.
30. CSIR-Structural Engineering Research Centre (SERC), Chennai, has come up with a cost-effective toilet. The toilet is expected to be set up in those areas where toilet coverage is not available. The toilet has been built with the help of the textile reinforced concrete (TRC) panels. The toilet will weigh less than 500kg and will have a life span of 25-30 years.
31. EU and France will give a grant of 3.5 million euros to three Indian cities- Nagpur, Kochi and Ahmedabad as part of the EU’s commitment under the Paris Climate agreement to curb emissions and promote sustainability in these cities.
32.The Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings 2018 has been released. In the list, three Indian universities have featured among the top 200 universities. The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Bombay, IIT-Delhi and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru, have featured in the top 200 global universities. For the first, three Indian institutions have found a place in the list of top 200 universities in the QS Rankings.