1. July 11 – World Population Day with the theme – Family planning : Empowering People , Developing Nations
2. Hyden Cross became the first transgender man to give birth to a girl baby in the United Kingdom .
3. Saima Wazed Hossain was appointed as a WHO Good will ambassador for autism in South Asia. He facilitated “ Thimphu declaration” on autism .
4. The Palestinian National Authority agreed to pay around USD 47 million to the Israeli Electric Corporation annually in order to increase the supply of new power plant by 60 MW in full operation.
5. Scientists have created mini version of ringed planet Saturn by electrifying tiny drops of fluid. They added that this discovery would help to create new ways of generating microscopic and uniform particles and capsules often used in drugs, inks, cosmetics, paints and ceramics.
6. Kerala government proposes stray dog zoos in responding to a question from the supreme court on the construction of shelter homes for the stay dog population.
7. The Lake District was awarded the status of World heritage by UNESCO . It was praised by the committee for its inspiring natural beauty which has provided for generation of writers , like Poet William Wordsworth, who described the lake as “ the loveliest spot man hath found”. The Lake District is a mountainous region in North West England.
8. Iraq announced victory over Islamic state in Mosul on 8th July, 2017 after nine months of bitter fighting to displace the extremist group from the city where it proclaimed its caliphate.
9. The Indian City of Ahmedabad was declared India’s first World Heritage City recognizing heritage value of the Walled city’s unique heriage.
10. Brazil’s Valongo Wharf Archaeological site added to UNESCO’s World Heritage List .
11. Valtteri Bottas ( Mercedes) won the 2017 Austrian Grand Prix held at Red Bull Ring, Austria
12. Union Government exempts import of aircraft, aircraft engines from ambit of GST.
13. Cambodia’s Sambor Prei Kuk temple zone was awarded UNESCO’s World Heritage Status
14. India showed its best performance ever in the Asian Athletics Championship, clinching a total of 29 medals including 12 golds.
15. Japan’s men only island , Okinoshima gains UNESCO’s World Heritage Tag
16. Union Government signed an MoU with West Bengal to set up a center of excellence in Transfusion Medicine, which is a part of the Metro Blood Bank Project of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
17. The Music maestro AR Rahman was shortlisted for the development of the music for the British Indian Historical film Viceroy’s House that was directed by British Film maker of India Origin Gurinder Chadha.
18. IROAF ( Indian Railways Organization for Alternate Fuel ) won the Golden Peacock Award for Eco Innovation for the year 2017 for introducing eco friendly and cost saving Dual Fuel 1400 HP Diesel engines on DEMU trains.
19.The blue bordered sari of Mother Teresa was recently granted the Intellectual Property rights by Trade Marks Registry of India.