1. The Supreme Court of India said that the “ Right to Privacy “ cannot be absolute right and State may have some power to put reasonable restriction on it.
2. Veteran BJP Leader LK Advani received “ Life Time Achievement Award “for his contributions as a Parliamentarian in Lok Sabha on 19th July 2017 . He received the award from Vice President Hamid Hansari. Other recipients are JD –U Leader Sharad Yadav ( Life Time achievement for Rajya Sabha representative ), MK Premachandran ( Best Parliamentarian in Lok Sabha),Congress Leader Kumari Sushmita Dev ( Best Woman Parliamentarian in Lok Sabha), BJP leader Meenaksh Lekhi (Best Debut Woman Parliamentarian in Lok Sabha), CPI-M Leader Seetharam Yechury ( Best Parliamentarian Rajya Sabha), Samajwadi Party MP Jaya Bachchan ( Best Woman Parliamentarian in Rajya Sabha), Congress Mp Rajni Patil (Best Debut Woman Parliamentarian in Rajya Sabha)
3. The French Senate has approved the controversial anti-terror bill on 18th July 2017 and now the Bill will be sent to the lower house of the National Assembly for a vote in October 2017.
4. The Union Cabinet has approved the revised guidelines of Indian Community Welfare Fund. The approved guidelines would cover key areas like improvement in Consular services, Assisting Overseas Indian Nationals in distress situations and community welfare activities.
5. UIDAI has launched mAadhaar app for syncing Aadhaar data on mobile phone. Once you register in mAadhaar app , your Aadhaar card profile including phone no , address and other details get stored on the app. At present this app is available only on android phones and can be downloaded from Google play Store.
6. It is the first time in the reform era that the Indonesian government has banned an Islamic Organisation Hizb ut –Tahir without due process of law.
7. The Telangana government has launched a special portal called “ Janahitha” to act as a single window for all grievances and their redressal management
8. Lok Sabha has cleared the Public private partnership bill 2017 of the Indian Institute of Information Technology . The proposed bill grants statutory status to 15 IIT’s and declared them as Institutions of National Importance.
9. Google has introduced recruiting app “ Hire “ for businesses , which makes it easy to identify talent, build strong candidate relationships and efficiently manage the interview process end to end.
10. Australian researcher has discovered a new giant ocean sun fish species , which was named as the hood winker (mola tecta)
11. NDA nominee Ramnath Govind was elected as the 14th President of India by beating opposition candidate Meira Kumar by 1086 votes. He will be only the second Dalit leader after K R Narayanan since Independence to occupy India’s highest ceremonial post.
12. The National steering committee on Climate Change has approved three detailed project reports submitted by the Govt of Rajasthan, Gujarat and Sikkim for funding under the National adaptation fund for climate change
13. The Union Cabinet has apprised of an MoU between India and Netherlands on co-operation in Space Technology . It have called ISRO and Netherlands Space Office (NSO) to work out on the action plan for implementing this plan.
14. A key US panel has voted to impose stricter conditions on Pakistan , compelling it to play a more active role in counter- terrorism efforts in order to receive aid from the US
15. Qatar’s Emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani has issued an decree to amend law on combating terrorism .
16. President Pranab Mukharjee inaugurated the bicentenary (200th) celebration of Paika Rebellion (1817) of Odisha organised by the Union Ministry of Culture in New Delhi. Paika Rebellion of 1817 was India’s first organized armed rebellion against British Raj.
17. The Indian Army has signed MoU with Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) to raise one regiment of the advanced Medium Range Surface to Air Missiles (MRSAM) defence system.
18. India’s first dedicated space observatory AstroSat along withChandra and Hubble Space Telescope and the ground-based High Accuracy Radial velocity Planet Searcher (HARPS) observatory have detected a massive coronal explosion on Proxima Centauri, sun’s closest star neighbour.
19. Markets regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has entered into a MoU with the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) for exchange of information concerning Central Counterparties (CCPs) under the European Markets Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR). CCPs are entities that help facilitate clearing and settlement activities.
20. Foreign Secretary S. Jaishankar exchanged the diplomatic notes with the Japanese envoy to India to formalise the completion of the process on India-Japan civil nuclear agreement .The deal would enable Japan to export nuclear power plant technology as well as provide finance for nuclear power plants in India and joint manufacture of nuclear power plant components under the Make in India initiative.
21. Indian Navy’s second LCU (landing craft utility) Mark IV L52 ship built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers Limited (GRSE), Kolkata, was formally launched in Kolkata, West Bengal.
22. The Union Cabinet has extended the second phase of the BharatNet project that forms the backbone for the Union government’s Digital India initiative. The second phase aims at covering the remaining 1.50 lakh Gram Panchayats (GPS).
23. The Union Cabinet gave its nod to Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) to raise Rs.660 crore in bonds for extra budgetary resources (EBRs) in 2017-18.The funds received will be used exclusively for capital expenditure to improve infrastructure funding.
24. The Union Cabinet approved promulgation of the Central Goods and Services Tax (Extension to Jammu & Kashmir) Ordinance, 2017 and Integrated Goods and Services Tax (Extension to Jammu & Kashmir) Ordinance, 2017. Both ordinances replace Ordinance by the Central Goods and Services Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2017 and Ordinance by the Integrated Goods and Services Tax (Amendment) Bill, 2017 respectively.
25. The Union Cabinet has approved signing of Memorandum of Cooperation (MOC) in respect of tax matters between India and the BRICS countries namely, Brazil, Russia, China and South Africa. The MoC aims to promote cooperation amongst BRICS Revenue administrations on common areas of interest in tax matters and capacity building and knowledge sharing.