1. Union Government have launched a mobile app “ Aarambh “ for performance of rural roads.The mobile phone app aims at use of GIS based mapping for making road inventories, condition surveys,etc
2. Freedom fighter K.E. Mammen (96) passed away. He participated in the Quit India Struggle. In recent years, he was an active social worker, forefront in the anti-liquor campaign in Kerala.
3. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has banned the use of stapler pins in tea bags from January 2018. FSSAI ban order issued under Section (15) FSS Act, 2006 has deemed that any loose staple pin consumed inadvertently with tea may cause a serious health hazard.
4. Lucknow metro was named as India’s first metro to have its own FM radio station.
5. The book titled “ Indira: India’s Most Powerful Prime Minister “ was written by Sagarika Ghose
6. The Madras High Court have ruled out that “ Vande Mataram “ should be made compulsory in educational institutions and offices of the state of Tamil Nadu
7. The Canadian Woman Swimmer Kylie Masse had won the 100 m backstroke gold in a new world record at the World Aquatics Championship held at Budapest.
8. The martial law on restive Mindanao Island was extended until 31 Dec 2017 by Philippines.
9. Men’s World Boxing Championship 2021 will be hosting by India.
10. The GST council recently constituted a selection committee to identify members and head of the National Anti- Profiteering Authority . PK Sinha will be the Chairman of the Committee.
11. The Parliament of Zimbabwe has passed a bill giving its President the power to appoint the country’s top judges without consulting any other institutions.
12. Sri Lankan cabinet has recently revised the agreement for Hambantota Port built by China.
13. Parliament has passed The Admiralty (Jurisdiction and Settlement of Maritime Claims) Bill, 2016. Admiralty laws deal with cases of accidents in navigable waters or involve contracts related to commerce on such waters.
14. Professor Yash Pal (90) has passed away in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. He is a globally renowned physicist, academic and higher education reformer. He was known for his contributions to the study of cosmic rays, as well as for being an institution-builder. He had served as the first Director of the newly set up Space Applications Centre, Ahmedabad, in 1973.
15. The world’s first full—scale floating wind farm is being built off the coast of Scotland in the North Sea. The wind farm, known as Hywind is a trial project which aims to bring power to 20,000 homes.
16. Under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban), the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Development has approved construction of 30,000 affordable houses in Maharashtra’s Sholapur district for the urban poor on private land. It is first such project to be taken up on private land under PMAY(U).
17. Scientists for the first time have produced human antibodies in the laboratory. They are produced by body’s B cells (B lymphocytes). They have developed revolutionary technique which can help in rapid development of new vaccines to treat a wide range of infectious diseases.
18. July 26 –Kargil Diwas was celebrated every year. The 18th anniversary of Kargil Vijay Diwas was celebrated across India to commemorate the success of Operation Vijay and remember brave sacrifice of Indian soldiers during the 1999 India-Pakistan Kargil War.
19. Reliance Defence and Engineering Limited (RDEL) launched the first two Naval Offshore Patrol Vessels (NOPVs) — Shachi and Shruti at their shipyard in Pipavav, Gujarat. These two NOPVs are the first warships to be launched by a private sector shipyard in India. These ships are part of a five-ships being constructed for the Indian Navy under the P-21 project.
20. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) in its July World Economic Outlook (WEO) Update has retained India’s projected GDP growth rate at 7.2% for 2017-18, slightly up from 7.1% in the previous year.
21. India was ranked 132nd in the new global Commitment to Reducing Inequality Index.
22. India won maximum gold medals in Tennis at the 6th Youth Common wealth Games 2017 held in England.
23. Dubai was selected by the UN as the Local Data Hub for Middle East, North Africa and South Asia region.
24.The state of Haryana have announced to set up Vegetable Price stability fund