1. Mentor India campaign was launched by NITI Aayog Chairman Amitabh Kant .The aim of this campaign is to mentoring the students from std 6th to 12th regarding professional education through “900 Atal tinkering labs “.
2. Aug 23- International Day for the Remembrance of Slave Trade and its abolition.
3. International Military Music Festival is started from Aug 24 to next 10 days is held at Moscow, Russia. On behalf of India, Indian Navy’s “ Tri -services” is participating in it.
4. Rajiv Bansal was taken over the charge as New Managing Director of ” Air India “.
5. The book “ I Do What I Do” was authored by Raghuram Rajan ( Former RBI Governor )
6. South China was badly hit by Hato Cyclone and caused severe destruction.
7. India and Nepal signed a MoU to build a bridge across River Mechi.
8. The cabinet committee on economic affairs had given their nod to change the name of SAMPADA ( Scheme for Agro- Marine Processing and Development of Agro –Processing clusters) into Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana ( PMKSY)
9. UN General Assembly’s new Secretary General Miroslav Lajkac, going to assume office from 12th Sep, 2017 visited PM Modi on 28th August in New Delhi.
10. Transgender Nasriya from Ramnathapuram , Tamil Nadu became the second one in Police department to hold the position of constable grade -2 after Prithika Yashini who is the first one in the department of police to hold the position of SI in Salem district.
11. Puducherry’s Karuvadi kuppam Mango farm’s name is changed to “ Bharathi Kuil Thoppu “ by the Government of Pondicherry.
12. America’s Texas Province was strongly struck by cyclone Harvey and caused huge damages.
13. Palani Govt Girls hr. Sec School in the district of Dindugal bagged the National Award under Swachch Bharat “ Clean India Campaign “ for the cleanest school at National Level.
14. NITI Aayog have shown its nod to conduct the Lok Sabha and Assembly elections at the same time by 2024.
15. National Squash Championship ( Women’s Singles ) held at Greater Noida was bagged by Joshna Chinnappa. This was her 15th title. Men’s Single was bagged by Sourav Goshal.This was his 12th title.
16. The Union Cabinet has apprised Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Brazil in October 2016 for cooperation in fields of Zebu Cattle Genomics and Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ARTs) and also aims to strengthen existing friendly relations between both countries and promote development of Genomics and ARTs in Cattle through joint activities.
17. The Union Cabinet has given its approval to the proposal of Union Finance Ministry to promulgate an ordinance to suitably amend the Goods and Services Tax ( Compensation to Staes) Act 2017 to hike the maximum rate of compensation cess levied from the current cap of 15% to 20%. The ordinance will amend Schedule of Section 8 of the GST (Compensation to a State) Act, 2017.
18. The Delhi Police has launched YUVA – a skill development programme under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) which aims to connect with youth by upgrading their skill as per their competencies. It will help youths to get gainful employment under PMKVY.
19. The Union Government (Department of Investment and Public Asset Management) has approved a 100% disinvestment through strategic sale along with transfer of management control of Central Electronics Ltd. (CEL).
20. The Union Cabinet approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to set up US $40 million India-Israel Industrial R&D and Technological Innovation Fund (I4F). The MoU was signed in July, 2017 during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Israel.
21. The premier government think tank National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog has suggested establishment of a judicial performance index (JPI) to check delay in finalisation of cases in lower judiciary.
22. Aug 30- International Day of the victims of enforced disappearances observed globally.
23. The Uttar Pradesh Cabinet has decided to end the process of interviews for selection of candidate’s non-gazetted jobs of the state government.
24. Sri Lankan head for cricket team selection Sanath Jayasurya has resigned from his post along with other members following defeat against India in both test and ODI series.
25. Bihar government released Rs 1935 Cr to undertake flood relief operations in flood hit areas.
26. The Allahabad High Court has expressed strong dissatisfaction over possible felling of trees for the construction of Ramdev’s Food court in Noida,UP
27.The DIPP announced the initiation of new Industrial Policy that will be aimed at making India a manufacturing hub through “ Make in India”