1. The 10th Indo-European Counter Terrorism Dialogue was held in New Delhi on 30th Aug 2017. On this event, India and EU agreed to strengthen the co-operation between their security and intelligence agencies to combats the threat of terrorism.
2. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Trophy for the year 2016-17 was bagged by Punjab University.
3. China’s TCL Corporation is going to launch a water proof full touch screen phone under the brand name “Black berry “
4. The Union Government recently gave its approval to an MoU signed between India and Israel on Industrial R& D and Technological Innovation Fund .
5. The Ministry of Women and Child Development Menaka Sanjay Gandhi had given away the National Level Awards to “Anganwadi Workers.”
6. The Union Cabinet has approved the MoU between India and Myanmar for conservation of earthquake-damaged pagodas at Bagan, Myanmar.
7. Researchers from IIT , Guwahati have successfully created an implantable bio-artificial pancreas model grown within 3D silk scaffold This bio-artificial pancreas encapsulates insulin-producing beta cells, capable of naturally producing insulin in sustained manner. If successful in animal and human trials, it ca n be used for treating people with Type 1 diabetes. Whose body’s immune system kills the insulin-producing beta cells.
8. Eminent Konkani writer Mahabaleshwar Sail (74) was bestowed with prestigious Saraswati Samman 2016 for his novel “Hawthan” that captures cultural lives of traditional potter community in Goa. He was presented the award, comprising plaque and a cash purse of Rs.15 lakh by Union minister for commerce and industry at the event held in New Delhi.
9. The Union Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) chaired by Prime Minister has approved implementation of first phase of reforms pertaining to the Indian Army based on recommendations of Lt Gen Shekatkar Committee. The purpose of reforms is to enhance combat capability and also optimize and rebalance defence expenditure of Indian Army in phased manner by December 2019. It is first ever reform exercise to be undertaken in Indian Army since independence. The first phase of reforms involves Optimisation of signals establishments, Restructuring of repair echelons in Army, Redeployment of Ordnance echelons and other reforms.
10. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved first gene therapy, a treatment that uses patient’s own immune cells to fight acute lymphoblastic leukaemia.
11. India and Switzerland have signed two MoUs for exchanging technical cooperation in the field of Railways.
12. The launch of IRSO’s eight navigation satellite IRNSS-1H onbaord of PSLV-C39 from Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh was unsuccessful as the heat shield did not separate as a result of which satellite did not complete the 4th stage.
13. Para Athlete Devendra and Hockey Player Sardar Singh were the winners of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award 2017.
14. Premlata Agrawal was the winner of Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Award 2017 in Land Adventure Category.
15. The biggest X-ray laser gun on earth named European X-ray Free Electron Laser which is located in Germany is scheduled to be opened in September 2017
16. NITI Aayog has announced to present Women Transforming India Awards 2017.
17. 2nd Indian Ocean Conference was held in Sri Lanka on 31st Aug ,2017 . Sushma Swaraj, the External Affairs Minister had participated in it.
18. India and China submitted the joint proposal to the WTO calling for the elimination of Aggregate Measurement of Support ( AMS) as a prerequisite for consideration of other reforms in domestic support negotiations.
19. Amazon announced a partnership with the Akshaya Patra Foundation to implement the Karnataka Government’s Ksheera Bagya Scheme in the city.
20. The noted Kannada Singer LN Shastri who is famous for his song “ Kolumande Jangamadevaru” was passed away recently .