1. The book titled , “ Unstoppable : My Life So Far” was written by Maria Sharapova.
2. The Government of India recently decided to grant citizenship to the refugees of Chakma and Hajong who came from erstwhile East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) five decades ago and are living in northeast. The apex country had directed Union government to grant citizenship to these refugees, mostly staying in Arunachal Pradesh. Chakmas and Hajongs were originally residents of Chittagong Hill Tracts in erstwhile East Pakistan.
3. Qatar have signed an agreement with Bangladesh to export Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) for 15years.
4. The first map of water trapped in uppermost layer of Moon’s soil was created by US Scientists from Brown University. This was build using NASA’s Moon Mineralogy Mapper onboard of India’s Chandrayaan-1 spacecraft.
5. NASA’s Space Craft Cassini ended its 20 year voyage by dividing into the atmosphere of Saturn by Sep 15,2017.
6. To curb the menace of shell companies, money laundering and black money in the country and prevent misuse of corporate structure by shell companies for various illegal purposes an MoU was signed between The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) and Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) for automatic and regular exchange of tax information.
7. Yemen could hit 8.5 lakhs of Cholera cases in the country according to report of International Committee of Red Cross.
8. India and Japan exchanged RoD (Record of Discussions) on civil aviation cooperation with respect to open sky. Both the countries agreed to ink open sky arrangement to operate unlimited number of flights. It will not only help to encourage connectivity and passenger travel between two countries, but also result in reduction in airfares on the air routes between two countries. It will be signed in accordance with the National Civil Aviation Policy (NACP), 2016.
9. Ban Ki Moon was elected as the Chairman of IOC( International Olympic Committee) Ethics Commission for a four-year term.
10. The Union Government signed $76 million loan deal with Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) for starting up gradation project related to environment management plan at Alang-Sosiya ship recycling shipyards in Gujarat. The total cost of project is $111 million out of which $76 million will be provided by JICA as soft loan. Out of remaining amount, $25 million will be borne by Gujarat Government as taxes and fees and balance $10 million will be shared by Ministry of Shipping. The project will be executed by Gujarat Maritime Board (GMB) and is likely to be completed by 2022.
11. According to the Union Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, the state of Tripura has performed poorly in the implementation of centrally sponsored Projects.
12. India and China at their current levels of growth will not serve as “growth polls” for global economy in near future according to the Trade and Development Report (TDR) 2017 released by UNCTAD’s recently.
13. Tunisia has abolished the ban on Muslim women marrying non- Muslims.
14. United Arab Emirates (UAE) have contributed US $ 300,000 to the President of UN General Assembly.
15. National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur has made a Guinness world Record for receiving Nasya Panch Kararma simultaneously.
16. A new 10-pound plastic note featured by Jane Austin was circulated in Britain recently.
17. September 15 –International Day of Democracy with the Theme 2017 “ Democracy and Conflict Prevention”
18. The 2-day high level talks on technical issues of the Indus Waters Treaty(IWT) began between India and Pakistan in Washington, United States.