1. Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga (PMUG)- The ambitious 2,655 km long natural gas pipeline project. The project is being implemented by state-run gas utility GAIL. The orders were placed for 400-km for pipeline from Dobhi (Bihar) to Durgapur (West Bengal). With this, the total pipe supply orders for 2,100 km of Jagdishpur-Haldia & Bokaro-Dhamra Natural Gas Pipeline (JHBDPL) project have been placed and is targeted to be completed by 2019. The pipeline passes through Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal and Odisha. Seven big east India cities viz. Varanasi, Jamshedpur, Patna, Ranchi, Kolkata, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack – will be the major beneficiary of this project.
2. ISRO has announced to launch 31 satellites in a single mission onboard on January 10, 2018 including India’s Cartosat-2 series earth observation space craft( main pay load) onboard of Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV)-C40 from the spaceport in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh. The mission will be combination of 28 nano satellites from foreign countries, including Finland, US and one micro and nano satellite from India. It will be first PSLV mission after the unsuccessful launch of backup navigation satellite IRNSS-1H in August 2017 on board PSLV-C39, due to technical fault on final leg following perfect launch.
3. The first photovoltaic (solar) highway based on home-grown technology in country’s eastern Shandong province was successfully tested by China. The photovoltaic panels of the highway are built to transfer energy to electric vehicles passing on top of them. The tested segment of the solar highway can generate 817.2 KW of electricity and is expected to generate 1 million KW hours of electricity each year. France had introduced world’s first photovoltaic road fitted with solar panels in late 2016. With this, China became the second country in the world to construct a photovoltaic highway.
|CLICK HERE TO BUY ONLINE|
5. BJP leader and Rajya Sabha MP Vinay Sahasrabuddhe was appointed as President of the Indian Council of Cultural Relations (ICCR) by President of India. The ICCR is an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of External Affairs. Its mandate is to actively participate in formulation and implementation of policies and programmes pertaining to India’s external cultural relations. It was founded in 1950 by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, independent India’s first Education Minister.
6. Former Foot ball super star George Weah became the president of Liberia in recently held election .
7. Bollywood star Anushka Sharma has been named as the PETA 2017 person of the year for her wide reaching work for animals.
8. The World’s longest glass bridge was opened in China to the public. It has a capacity of holding 2000 people. But only 500 can be allowed at a time. This bridge lies 218m above hanging between the two cliffs in Hongyagu Scenic Area in Pingshan County.
9. Indian Skipper Mithali Raj was named as the ICC Women’s ODI Cricket Team of the year 2017. Left Arm Spinner Ekta Bisht became the only cricketer to find a place in both the ODI and T20 teams of the year announced by the World body .
10. Bengaluru became India’s first city to have its own logo just like New York and Paris.The logo unveiled is a 180 degree straight line with Bengaluru amalgamated in Kannada and English. The tagline ‘Bengaluru –Be U ( be you ) is expected to build the city’s image on the global stage. All the cultural; events and important public services will be marked with this new logo of Bengaluru.