1. Defence Minister Nirmala Seetharaman announced that a Defence Innovation Centre would be set up by CODISSIA in Coimbatore , to assist small industries in manufacturing components for the defence sector. Coimbatore District Small Industries Association ( CODISSIA) will receive initial funding of Rs 20 Cr from defence ministry.
2. ‘Solar City initiative ‘ aimed to maximize rooftop solar power use in South and west Delhi has been launched by BESES Rajdhani Power Ltd. Arouind 150 residential socities were targeted in first phase. This initiative has been launched in partnership with USAID ( PACE-D) and Indo –German Collaboration.
3. Delhi becomes the first city in India to launch common mobility card for bus and metro rides. It was launched by Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal. This card can be used at 200 Delhi Transport Corporation ( DTC) and 50 buses. This card also behaves likes a debit card. Thi card will come in to effect from 1st April 2018.
4. Uttar Pradesh govt has directed the district collectors and SP’s to take action against unauthorized loudspeakers and public address systems installed at religious and public places.
5. Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi , announced that Saudi Arabia has approved India’s plan to ferry Haj pilgrims through sea route to Jeddah after the annual Haj agreement signed between Indai and Saudi Arabia in Mecca.
6. World’s largest ice festival -34th Harbin International ice and snow festival opened in Harbin ( north-east China).
7. Iran has banned English from being taught in primary schools across the country after its Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei said that it will lead to western culture invasion. This ban applies to government and non government schools in Iran.
8. Zuma Mission for US government has secretly launched by California-based Private spaceflight company SpaceX. It was launched on board of SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida, US. It is a secret mission in its nature or purpose and the agency behind it remains a mystery. SpaceX (Space Exploration Technologies Corporation) is aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company headquartered in California, US. SpaceX has developed the Falcon 1 and Falcon 9 launch vehicles, both designed to be reusable, thus reducing the cost of launch.
9. Acer has launched new Acer Swift & laptopand claims to be the world’s thinnest laptop.It will be available in US from March 2018 and costs $1699.Its thickness is 8.9mm
10. The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has announced to relax norms around levy of minimum alternate tax (MAT) for insolvent companies from financial year 2017-18. Its aim is to bring Zero Tax Companies” into tax realm who do not pay any tax. It is ruled by provisions enclosed in section 115JB of Income Tax Act, 1961.The purpose of the move is to make the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 more effective and minimise hardship faced by companies going in for insolvency resolution.
11. Bihar CM Nithish Kumar was awarded with First Mufti Mohammed Sayeed Award for probity in public life .This award was presented by Jammu & Kashmir Governor NN Vohra at General Zorawar Singh Auditorium in Jammu.
12. England’s Sam Todd defeated India’s Neel Joshi and won the U-15 British junior Open Squash title held at Birmingham, England.
13. Bollywood Actor Akshay Kumar has agreed to partner with Birhanmumbai Municipal corporation to promote cleanliness in Mumbai under Swachh Survekshan 2018, the world’s largest cleanliness survey which will conclude in March 2018.
14. Peter Sutherland, Former WTO Directopr General passed away recently due to illness.
15. Shaksham yadhav, powerlifting world Champion 2017, died due to injuries at The AIIMS Trauma Centre in New Delhi.