1. India is expected to retain its position as the top remittances receiving country with its Diaspora set to bring in money worth almost 65 billion US dollars in the year 2017.
2. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for the signing and ratification of the extradition treaty between India and Lithuania. With the approval of the treaty it would now provide a legal framework for seeking extradition of terrorists, economic offenders and other criminals to and from Lithuania
3. The Railway board has directed the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) to extend the benefit of service charge exemptions on tickets booked online till March 2018. This will enable the rail passengers to continue to enjoy the service for an extended time period.
4. Jagmeet Singh becomes first Sikh politician to lead Canada’s New Democratic party ( NDP).
5. Uttar Pradesh tops all states by building 3.2 lakh toilets in 17 days under Centre’s Swachchta hi seva campaign .The toilets were constructed between Sep 17 and Oct 2.
6. Mukhya Mantri Kaushal Samvardhan and Kaushalya Yojana flagged off in Madhya Pradesh under Chief Minister’s Skill Promotion and Skills Scheme to provide jobs by providing employment oriented training to the youth.
7. The Union Government has declared 5 more states such as Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Jharkhand and Chattisgarh as Open Defecation Free (ODF) on the day (Oct 2, 2017) when Swachh Bharat Mission completed its 3 years.
8. Nepal and India for the first time will comment a joint tiger census next month in their forests, national parks and protected areas neighboring these two countries using a globally recognized method .
9. Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu launched “Swachh Andhra Mission” on 2nd Oct 2017 to make the state Open Defecation Free by March 2018.
10. Indian Weight lifting Federation(IWF) President Birendra Prasad Baishya has been elected as the chairman of two sub committees of the IWF . Currently he is serving as the executive board member of Asian Weight Lifting Federation.
11. The Union Govt has decided to reduce the central excise duty on petrol and Diesel by Rs 2 per litre. With this reduction , the decrease in petrol and diesel prices will be RS 2.50 per litre and Rs 2.25 per litre respectively in Delhi.
12. A high level delegation from the Government of India and the USA met at NITI Aayog to plan the 2017 Global entrepreneurship Summit (GES)( 8th annual Summit ) , which will be held from Nov 28-30 at Hyderabad.
13. India will outshine china as the fastest-growing petroleum product market in Asia on the back of a 6 per cent demand growth said by report.
14. India unveils 3rd National Wild life Action Plan for 2017-2031 for Wild life conservation.15.The Union government has constituted a high-level committee for proper management of water resources in the North Eastern region ( NER)