Prepared by D.Sarala
1. Two researchers from IIT, Madras has created a white light using the extracts of Red pomegranate and turmeric.
2. Hubert Minnis has been elected as the Prime Minister of Common wealth of Bahamas
3. Union Government has launched “ e- Krishi Samvad”, an online facility to provide direct solution to problems of agriculture sector
4. IDBI bank is put under watch list for Prompt Corrective Action (PCA) due to high bad loans.
5. Indian Army has planned to re-launch Cordon and Search Operations after a gap of 15 years as a part of its counter terrorism operations.
6. By 2040, the percentage of total TB cases in India will turn into drug resistant TB of 12.4% by the recent study published in The Lancet.
7. The government of Uttarpradesh is planned to declare “ no school bag day “ on Saturdays in all the state run schools.
8. VK Saraswat was appointed as the Chancellor of JNU( Jawaharlal Nehru University ). He succeeds former ISRO Chairman K Kasturirangan.
9. Larissa Waters( Australian senator) became the first woman senator to breast feed her baby during a Parliamentary session.
10. Shadow Brokers (cyber gang )has carried out the attack by stealing a hacking tool “Eternal Blue” from America’s most powerful military intelligence unit NSA (National Security Agency ). This cyber attack reached nearly 100 countries including India.
11. JP Nadda ( Minister of Health and Family Welfare ) has launched Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine ( PCV) for Pneumonia in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh, this vaccine will fight against 13 types of pneumococcal bacteria. During its first phase of immunization it will cover whole of Himachal Pradesh, 6 districts of Uttar Pradesh and 17 districts of Bihar.
12. The Light Combat aircraft ( Tejas )has been successfully test fired BVR Missile ( Derby Air to Air Beyond visual range ) from Chandipur, Odisha.
13. Sakshi Malik , Divya Karan and Vinesh Phogat have bagged silver medal at the Asian Wrestling Championship held at KD Jadhav Stadium in New Delhi in 60kg, 69 kg and 55 kg categories respectively.
14. According to RBI, India’s Forex reserves have increased to $375.71 billion , this is the very high value in its life time that is due to increase in foreign currency assets. ( FCA’s)