Prepared by D.Sarala
1. Krishna Kumari, health worker of Ganjam district of Odisha bagged the Prestigious Florence Nightingale award 2017
2. PM Modi launched “ Narmada Seva Mission” a river conservation project in the state of Madhya Pradesh to free it from pollution.
3. Rafael Nadal won the men’s singles title of Madrid Open Tennis 2017 by defeating Dominic Thiem.
4. Lewis Hamilton( Mercedes) won the Spanish Grand Prix in May 2017, Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel and Australian Daniel Ricardo occupies second and third position respectivey.
5. May -15 International day of Families with the theme 2017 , Families, education and well being.
6. The government has raised the base year of wholesale price index (WPI) and Index of Industrial production (IIP ) to 2011-2012 from 2004-2005
7. Public Affairs Centre (PAC), Bengaluru has released public affairs index (PAI) for the year 2017. Kerala and Tamil Nadu have secured first and second rankings for the second consecutive year, Gujarat Karnataka and Maharashtra are in third, fourth and fifth position respectively in governance indicators.
8. Indian Railways will install 19,000 high definition CCTV cameras at over 983 stations across the country under the Nirbhaya Fund at an approved cost of Rs 500 crore in order to ensure round-the-clock security to passengers including women.
9. For the first time, the Pentagon has notified the sale of CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear) Support Equipment, the Joint Service Lightweight Integrated Suit Technology (JSLIST) protective clothing, to the US Congress.
10. India -Chile expanded Preferential Trade Agreement (PTA) to come into effect from 16th May 2017
11.The Mumbai airport ( Chhatrapathi Shivaji International Airport) has overtaken London’s Gatwick airport to become the world’s single runway airport with one flight in every 65 seconds