1. Victoria, a state of Australia, is considering a legislation that will legalize assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. Patients suffering from ailments like Motor Neuron Disease, Parkinson’s disease or Multiple Sclerosis could be eligible for the assisted death.
2. India Army have received the first two M-777 A-2 Ultra light howitzers (ULH) from BAE systems after Bofors Scandals nearly 30 years over.
3. Cabinet of Japan has approved a bill that will allow its emperor ( Akihito) retire his thrown to allow Prince crown(Naruhito) to take charge of the same.
4. After a meeting between Chinese and ASEAN Officials in the southern city of Guiyang, they agreed a framework for South China sea code of Conduct (COC)
5. IIT Delhi scientists have developed cheapest respiratory filter and this product will be available in the market worldwide under the brand name Nasofilter by Nanoclean Global Pvt Ltd, a company formed by the innovators.
6. Karthick Chandran , a professor in the department of Microbiology at the Albert Einstein College of medicine in Bronx, New York helped in identifying the antibodies to fight against Ebola virus
7. Grand Master RR Laxman won the All India Open Rapid FIDE Rating Chess Tournament at the Kshudiram Anushilan Kendra, Kolkatta, west Bengal.
8. The GST council has fixed the rate of 1211 items. Household items like Sugar, Tea, Coffee and edible oil will attract 5% levy. Cereals and milk will be exempted from the tax. Manufactured goods will attract 18% levy. Luxury cars will attract 28% GST in addition to a cess of 15%. Small petrol cars will attract 28% GST plus a 1% cess, and diesel cars will be taxed at 28% plus 3% cess. Capital goods, a key asset for the manufacturing sector, will be taxed at 28%. Aerated drinks will fall under the 28% tax bracket.
9. The first copy of the book “ Meta Physics, Moral and Politics” authored by Professor Amal Kumar Mukhopadhyay was received by the President of India Shri. Pranab Mukherjee in Kolkatta, West Bengal.
10. The annual joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR)exercise named “Karavali Karunya” began on 18th May 2017 conducted by Indain Navy’s Western Naval Command at Naval Station Karwar. Karavali Karunya means assistance to the coast of Karnataka.
11. India imposed anti dumping duty on a Chinese chemical used in the Pharma industry and aluminium foil to protect domestic industry from cheap imports.
12. Paranay Varada,(14), Indian American student won the Prestigious National Geographic Bee Championship 2017.In 2016 Rishi Nair , a 6th grader from Florida won the contest and Varada was runner- up in that contest.
13. Anant G. Geete , Minister of Union Heavy Industries and Public & Public enterprises inaugurated the test tracking facility at Oragadam, Chennai . This test tracking facility is developed by Global Automative Research Centre (GARC). The facility has been notified to issue certificates under CMVR 1989.
14. NGT ( National Green Tribunal ) has banned open defecation and waste dumping on the flood plains of the Yamuna. It has also imposed an environment compensation of Rs. 5000 for people violated the order.
15.Indian cricket team has retained its top position in the latest ICC Test rankings followed by South Africa(2nd). Australia (3rd) England (4th), New Zealand ( 5th) ,Pakistan ( 6th ), Sri Lanka (7th) , West Indies (8th ) Bangladesh(9th) and Zimbabwe at( 10th)