1. ICC ODI batting rankings:
Indian Skipper Virat Kohli has reclaimed the top spot. Second Place: David Warner (Australia) Third Place: AB de Villiers (South Africa) Fouth Place: Joe Root (England) Fifth Place: Kane Williamson (New Zealand)
Shikhar Dhawan has managed to return to top 10. Yuvraj Singh has also improved his rankings and currently stands at 88th position.
2. ICC ODI batting rankings:
Josh Hazlewood of Australia is at the top. Second Place: Imran Tahir (South Africa) Third Place: Mitchell Starc (Australia) Fourth Place: Kagiso Rabada (South Africa) Fifth Place: Sunil Narine (West Indies) Bhuvaneshwar Kumar has improved his rankings by 13 places to rank 23rd. Ranks of Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja have dropped to 20 and 29 respectively.
3. Reserve Bank of India has said that it will release new batch of Rs 500 currency notes whose design will be similar to the one which were released post demonetisation. The new batch of Rs 500 banknotes will have inset letter “A” in both the number panels. It will bear the printing year as ‘2017’ on the reverse side and it will bear the signature of RBI Governor Dr. Urjit R. Patel.
4. Panama’s President Juan Carlos Varela has announced that his country has upgraded its commercial ties with China and has established full diplomatic links with China. In addition, Panama has stated that it is breaking off its formal relations with Taiwan.
5. Child Rights and You (CRY), an NGO recently released a report on child labour stated that more than 8 lakh children between the age group of 5 and 6 years in India are engaged in child labour.CRY working towards the upliftment of underprivileged children. Uttar Pradesh ranks first (2,50,672 children) in the country followed by Bihar (1,28,087 children) and Maharashtra (82,847 children) respectively.
6. An expert committee has been constituted by Ministry of Home Affairs to examine the rules which allow free movement of people near Indo-Myanmar border. Indian and Myanmar’s citizens are permitted free movement within 16 km of the international border, but these rules are widely exploited by militants for smuggling arms, drugs, and fake Indian currency.
7. Scientists in collaboration with Toyota are developing a new system that would be able to predict if a car driver is able to have a heart attack.
8. Nalanda district of south-central Bihar, has been chosen for the national award for excellence in the Mahatma Gandhi national rural employment guarantee programme (MGNREGP) by the Ministry of Rural Developmen for its ‘Project Jal Sanchay’, a water conservation model which is successfully adopted in the district. The award will be conferred on June 19 at a function held at Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi.
9. Jitu Rai and Heena Sidhu won the gold medal in the Mixed Team10 m Air Pistol event at the International Shooting Sport Federation World Cup Rifle/Pistol stage took place in Gabala, Azerbaijan.
10. Rafael Nadal has increased his rankings by two spots to stand at No.2 in the ATP rankings. First Rank: Andy Murray (Great Britain) Third Rank: Stan Wawrinka (Switzerland) Fourth Rank: Novak Djokovic (Serbia & Montenegro) Fifth Rank: Roger Federer (Switzerland)
11. French Open Champion Jelena Ostapenko has jumped from 47th place to a career-high 12th in the WTA rankings. Angelique Kerber (Germany)retains her No. 1 position. Second Rank: Simona Halep (Romania) Third Rank: Karolina Pliskova (Czech Republic) Fourth Rank: Serena Williams (USA) Fifth Rank: Elina Svitolina (Ukraine)
12. Indira Gandhi: A Life in Nature is the book authored by Jairam Ramesh was released by Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
13. The Centre has approved proposals of 100 AYUSH ( AYurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) hospitals across the country
14.June 13-International Albinism Awareness day is observed with an aim to end multiple forms of discrimination that I sfaced by the people who suffers from albinism.