1. The world No.11 Kidambi Srikanth won the Australian Open Super series title by defeating Olympic champion Chen Long in the Australian Open summit clash in Sydney.
2. Indian shooters Yashaswini Singh Deswal and Anish Bhanwala has bagged gold in the Women’s 10m Air Pistol and Men’s 25m Standard Pistol competition respectively in the Junior World Rifle/Pistol Championship held in Germany.
3. The HRD ministry has constituted a new nine-member panel headed by space scientist K Kasturirangan to frame a new National Education Policy (NEP).
4. The World Bank has cleared a USD 250-million loan to aid the Skill India mission.. Skill India Mission Operation (SIMO) will be a six- year programme in support of National Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (2017-23). The loan amount would be used for making Indian youth more employable through reskilling. Under the programme, persons in the age group of 15-59 will acquire skill training irrespective of their employment status.
5. NASA’s Mars rover Opportunity has found rocks at the edge of Endeavour Crater that might have been a lake of liquid water. The scientists believe that the rocks were either transported by a flood or eroded in place by the wind.
6. Nashik’s army doctor Srinivas Gokulnath and Nagpur’s doctor Amit Samarth has created history by becoming the first Indians to complete the 4,900-km Race Across America (RAAM) in the solo 18-59 age category.
7. Satellite-based chip systems developed by ISRO will be used to alert road users at unmanned level crossings about approaching trains. These chips will also help the railways in tracking train movement on a real-time basis. Initially, on a pilot basis the ISRO-developed integrated circuit (IC) chips will be installed in the Mumbai and Guwahati Rajdhani trains. Hooters will be installed at 20 unmanned level crossings on Rajdhani routes for Guwahati and Mumbai.
8. President Klaus Iohannis has appointed outgoing economy minister Mihai Tudose as Prime Minister and thus paved the way for the formation of a new leftist Social-Democrat-led government in Romania. The Prime Minister-designate Mihai Tudose will have 10 days to gain the vote of confidence.
9. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has become the first foreign leader to have a White House dinner after the US President Donald Trump assumed power. India and the US have asked Pakistan to make sure that its soil is not used for cross-border terror strikes. Both the countries have asked Pakistan to expeditiously bring the perpetrators of the Mumbai and Pathankot attackers to justice.
10. Kaushik Basu has taken over as president of the International Economic Association (IEA). He will serve as the President for a three-year term. He served as India’s chief economic adviser from 2009 to 2012. He also served as senior vice-president and chief economist at the World Bank from 2012 to 2016.
11. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has constituted a special seven-member committee headed by Rajeev Shukla. to analyse the few contentious Lodha panel reforms which are being opposed by the state units. The other members of the committee include former India captain Sourav Ganguly, T.C. Mathew (Kerala Cricket), Naba Bhattacharjee (North East representative), Jay Shah (Gujarat Cricket Association), BCCI Treasurer Anirudh Chaudhary and BCCI acting secretary Amitabh Choudhary.
12. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has come out with draft regulations for organic food products to ensure the authenticity of organic foods. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has invited comments from the public regarding the provisions of the draft regulations. FSSAI’s regulation mandates that labelling of organic foods should provide full and accurate information regarding the organic status of the organic foods. Organic food products must carry a certification mark or a quality assurance mark provided by the notified certification bodies. Organic farm produce means the product obtained from organic agriculture, while organic food means food products that have been produced in accordance with specified standards for organic production. FSSAI’s regulations have exempted organic food marketed by the original producer or producer organisation through a direct sale from verification compliance. However, this exemption will not be applicable to processed organic products.
13. Former Indian Hockey captain Dhanraj Pillai would be conferred East Bengal foot ball club’s highest honour – Bharat Gaurav at its Foundation day ceremony on August 1, 2017.
14. China has launched its first self developed next generation bullet train ‘ Fuxing’ with a maximum speed of 400 kmh on one of the country’s busiest lines –Beijing – Shanghai line
15. Desh Bandhu Gupta , Founder and chairman of Lupin, India’s second largest Pharamaceutical company has passed away in Mumbai
16. US declared Pakistan based Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin as global terrorist.
17. India and Portugal have signed 11 agreements on various field during PM Modi’s visit to Portugal
18. Manushi Chhillar of Haryana has crowned as Femina Miss India World 2017 . The event was held at Yash Raj studio in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
19. June 26 – International day against Drug abuse and Illicit Trafficking was observed with the theme “Listen first – Listening to Children and youth is the first step to help them grow healthy and safe”
20.June 25 – Day of the Seafarer was observed by the International Maritime Organization with the theme of 2017 ‘Seafarers Matter”