1. The world’s first ATM (automated teller machine) celebrates its 50th anniversary. The ATM machines were the brainchild of Scottish inventor Shepherd-Barron. The first ATM was opened on June 27, 1967, by Barclays Bank in Enfield, north London. To commemorate the 50th anniversary, Barclays Bank has transformed the first ATM that it commissioned at its Enfield branch into gold.
2. The European Union’s competition watchdog has fined Google a record 2.42 billion euro for breaching the anti-trust rules by illegally favouring its shopping service.
3. The Indian Army has finally received its first batch of bullet-proof helmets after a decade wait. The helmets were manufactured by Kanpur-based MKU Industries at the cost of Rs 180 crore.
4. Odisha is set to become the first state in the country to open a blood bank for cattle.
5. Dr Manoj Soni was appointed as a member of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and he had taken Oath of Office and Secrecy .The Oath was administered to him by the UPSC Chairman Prof. David R. Syiemlieh.
6. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Dutch counterpart Mark Rutte have signed three MOUs after the meeting in Hague the Netherlands. Both the countries are celebrating 70 years of diplomatic relations. The three agreements were on Cultural Cooperation, Water Cooperation and an agreement on Amending Social Security Arrangement.
7. China has launched its most powerful naval destroyer, the Type 055, at the Shanghai port. The naval destroyer is one among the largest warships in the world.
8. The Election Commission of India has joined hands with Facebook to launch nationwide voter registration reminder aimed at reminding eligible Indian voters to register themselves on the electoral rolls. The reminder will be made available for four days beginning July 1. As a part of the initiative, Facebook will activate a unique ‘Register Now’ button reminding all the eligible Indian users to enrol themselves as voters. The reminder will be available in 13 languages-English, Hindi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Punjabi, Bengali, Urdu, Assamese, Marathi and Oriya.
9. Petya is a ransomware, similar to the Wannacry ransomware which is part of a new wave of cyber-attacks and has infected computer servers across the world. In India, the ransomware has crippled the operations at one of the terminals of the Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust. The affected terminal was being operated by AP Moller-Maersk. The attack has impacted the external trade by affecting the systems dealing with the cargo and ships at the country’s largest port. The Petya ransomware has hit computer servers all across Europe. Ukraine and Russia are the worst affected countries.
10. NASA has completed the preliminary design review (PDR) of its Quiet Supersonic Transport (QueSST) aircraft design. NASA had forged a partnership with Lockheed Martin, in February 2016 for the QueSST preliminary design. With this development, NASA is a step closer to actually building an X-plane. The project falls under the ambit of NASA’s Commercial Supersonic Technology Project.
11. The government has organised a special programme to launch GST in the midnight of June 30this going to held in Central Hall of Parliament to roll out of Goods and Services Tax (GST) from July 1st. Goods and Services Tax is a comprehensive indirect tax which is to be levied on the manufacture, sale and consumption of goods and services in India.
12. ISRO has successfully launched GSAT-17 communication Satellite onboard the Ariane-5 launch vehicle from the Guiana Space Center at French Guiana on June 28. GSAT-17 will be the ISRO’s third satellite that is launched within a span of three months.
13. India has earned the distinction of becoming the first country by voluntarily contributing $ 100,000 to the UN Trust Fund for International Cooperation in Tax Matters (the UN Tax Fund). The fund is aimed at helping the developing countries to actively participate in the discussion of tax issues.
14. The US has issued new criteria for visa applicants from six Muslim countries. The US Supreme Court has partially restored President Trump’s executive order that banned travel of people from the six Muslim-majority countries( Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen )
15. The biggest ever joint military exercise took off between Australia and the United States on 29 June 2017
16. India signed a USD 35 million loan agreement with the World Bank for Assam State Public Financial Institutional Reforms Project.
17. PM Modi recently released the coin and postal stamp in the honour of Shrimad Rajchandra on his 150th birth anniversary. He was the guru of Mahatma Gandhi
18. Sharjah has been crowned the ‘World Book Capital’ for 2019 by UNESCO.
19. Two food items Chana and Chana dhal were added to Oxford English Dictionary in its quarterly update.
20. The Government has made mandatory to link existing Aadhaar numbers with Permanent Account Number of tax payers with effect from July 1, 2017
21.Indian Super League ( the foot ball league)was granted official recognition by the Asian Football Confederation ( AFC).