1. The Union Government has launched National Bio Pharma Mission to accelerate biopharmaceutical development in India. Under this mission, a programme named Innovate in India (i3). The i3 aims to create an enabling ecosystem to promote entrepreneurship and indigenous manufacture in the sector. It is a flagship program in collaboration with World Bank.
2. Achal Kumar Jyoti will took over as Chief Election Commissioner of India due to Nazim Zaidi’s retirement from his post on 6th July, 2017
3. July 1 – International day of co-operatives : First Saturday of July , was observed across the world and the theme for 2017 is Co-operatives ensure no one is left behind.
4. After 17 years of debate, India has launched historic indirect tax regime GST on 1st July, 2017
5. KK Venugopal was appointed as the attorney general of India . He will succeed Mukul Rohatgi who chose to return to private practice after his three years term.
6. RK Pachnanda took over as Director –General of Indo-Tibetan Border Place
7. Carrie Lam Cheng Yuet –ngor sworn in as the Chief executive of Hong Kong
8. Germany defeated Chile in the finals to win the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup . This is the first confederation cup for Germany to take to its home . This tournament was held in Russia as a prelude to the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
9. 65 MoU’s were signed by textiles India 2017 on 1st July in Gandhinagar, Gujarat. Out of these, 62 were signed by the Union Textiles ministry and remaining 3 were signed by Gujarat Government on textile sector as G2G business.
10. Germany has passed a controversial law under which it would fine social media websites such as Face book , Google and you tube if they fail to remove hate speech or unlawful content within 24 hours.
11. 999: The world’s oldest emergency services phone number had marked its 80th anniversary on 2nd July, 2017. It is the best known phone no in Britain to alert police, fire, ambulance and coastguards to emergencies
12. Writer Preethi Shenoy was honoured with Indian of the year award at a function organized in New Delhi . She was awarded by Brands Academy , one of the most reputed brand companies in India.
13. The Syrian’s Central bank on 2nd July 2017 put into circulation a new 2000 Syrian Lira ($3.9) bank note that has a face of its country President Bashar Assad for the first time since he took as the President over 17 years
14. Telangana IPS officer Mahesh Bhagwat was recognized for his vital role in elevating human trafficking as a government priority and his innovative approach to investigating cases and dismantling trafficking . He has conferred with 2017 Trafficking in Persons Report Heroes award.
15. A team of scientists have developed world’s sharpest laser with a line width of only 10 mHzand named it as “ Super Laser “.This precision can be useful for various applications such as optical atomic clocks, radio astronomy, precision spectroscopy, testing the theory of relativity and carry out new precision measurements on ultra cold atoms.
16. Google has rolled out a new doodle commemorating the 140th anniversary of World’s oldest tennis tournament , Wimbledon Championship.
17. SerbianTennis player Novak Djokovic defeated France’s Gael Monfils to clinch the Eastbourne international Men’s Singles title . Karolina Pliskova won the title for women’s singles which was held on 1st July 2017 in Eastbourne, United Kingdom.
18. India on 3rd July 2017 has successfully test fired indigenously developed quick reaction surface to air missile ( QR-SAM) off the Odisha Coast, Chandipur. It was developed by DRDO.
19. The Madhya Pradesh government has created a new record by planting 6 crore saplings in 24 districts of Narmada basin in just 12 hours
20. eVIN, the mobile application of Union Health Ministry had won the prestigious GSMA Asia Mobile Award 2017
21. SIERRA ODC building was recognized as the World’s second highest ranking Green Building under Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design ( LEED) certification
22. The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the end of the most recent outbreak of Ebola virus disease (EVD) in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
23. National Multi Commodity Exchange (NMCE), India’s first demutualised online national multi-commodities exchange will merge with Indian Commodity Exchange (ICEX). The merged entity will create India’s third biggest commodity exchange. The largest commodity exchange by volume is the Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX) followed by National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange (NCDEX).
24. The Assam government is going to raise a new Special Rhino Protection Force (SRPF) for better protection of the one-horned rhinos in Assam.
25. Two Indian-Americans, Adobe Chief Shantanu Narayen (54) and former US Surgeon General Vivek Murthy (39) have been chosen for prestigious Great Immigrants: The Pride of America Award 2017. The award is given annually on the occasion of Independence Day of United States i.e. 4th July to naturalised citizens of US for their contribution in advancing US’s economy, society, and culture. Shantanu Narayen is a native of Hyderabad. He holds an undergraduate degree in electronics engineering, a master’s degree in computer science, and an MBA from UC Berkeley. He is a board member of Pfizer and US-India Business Council. At present, he is CEO of Adobe Systems. Vivek Murthy was born in the UK. He is alumnus of Harvard and Yale. He was appointed as Surgeon General by former President Barack Obama in 2014, making the first-ever Indian-American and also the youngest to occupy the post. He was dismissed this in April 2017 by the Trump administration.
26. Rail Land Development Authority (RLDA) has inked MoU with National Building Construction Corporation (NBCC) for redevelopment of 10 railway stations across the country on global standards.
27. The Union Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pension has launched a new training programme Comprehensive Online Modified Modules on Induction Training (COMMIT) for State Government officials to improve the public service delivery mechanism and provide citizen centric administration through capacity building of officials who interact with the citizens on day-to-day basis.
28.Though the GSTN ( Goods and service Tax Network ) has been operational, it is yet to get the security clearance from Union Home Ministry which is a mandatory requirement as it has private participation.