1. PM Modi had announced that India and US are going to co-host the Global Entrepreneurship Summit at Hyderabad, Telangana from 28th to 30th November 2017. American delegation will be led by US President Donald Trump’s daughter Ivanka Trump.
2. The Lok Sabha has passed the State Banks (Repeal and Amendment) Bill, 2017. The bill seeks to repeal the two Acts namely State Bank of India (Subsidiary Banks) Act, 1959, and State Bank of Hyderabad Act, 1956. It also seeks to amend the State Bank of India (SBI) Act, 1955 to remove references to subsidiary banks and powers of SBI to act as an agent of the RBI for subsidiary banks.
3. Veteran Poet Vijay Nambisan ( 54) who is famous for his poem “ Madras Central “ published in 1988 was passed away.
4. The National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) has approved ten projects in the 5th meeting of the Executive Committee of NMCG . The states which is covered in this projects are in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and West Bengal to the tune of about Rs. 2,033 crore. Eight of the ten projects pertain to sewage infrastructure and treatment, one each to ghat development and Ganga Knowledge Centre. In Bihar, three major sewage infrastructure projects were approved in Barh, Kankarbagh and Digha. In West Bengal, three projects were approved. Out of these two pertain to sewage infrastructure while the third one is for ghat development. In Uttar Pradesh, sewage infrastructure work in Chunar ,Mirzapur district .
5. Parliament has passed the Banking Regulation (Amendment) Bill, 2017 with the Rajya Sabha approving it. The bill will replace the Banking Regulation (Amendment) Ordinance, 2017 promulgated by President in May 2017. The Lok Sabha has already passed it. Thekey features of the bill are i) Initiating insolvency proceedings ii) Issuing directions on stressed assets iii) Committee to Advise banks
iv) Applicability to State Bank of India (SBI).
6. Shri Venkaiah Naidu sworn in as 13th vice president of India.
7. The Supreme Court of India has issued a list of directions in an attempt to curb pollution that includes no renewal of vehicle insurance unless the owners produce pollution under control certificates.
8. Venezuela’s new constituent assembly declares itself superior to all other government bodies. In addition it prohibits the opposition –held National Assembly and other government bodies from taking any action that would interfere with the constituent assembly laws.
9. The two-day meet of the 15th edition of Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) ministerial meeting was held in Kathmandu. The main agenda of this edition of the meeting is to finalise a free trade agreement among the BIMSTEC member countries. It will also include negotiations on market access for professionals and reducing the duty on trading goods.
10. Real Madrid defeated Manchester United to grab UEFA Super Cup played at the Philip II Arena in Skopje, Macedonia. Real Madrid’s Isco was declared the Man of the Match.
11. The Delhi Assembly passed two amended bills – Minimum wages Delhi Amendment Bill 2017 and Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology Bill (NIST) 2017
12. NASA’s curiosity Rover in July 2017 has captured stunning shots of Mars , this time it captured the images of Martian clouds over the southern horizon. The clouds resembles Earth’s cirrus clouds which are typically made up of ice water.
13. Najam Sethi was recently elected as the Chairman of Pakistan Cricket Board.