1. Country’s first green energy supply is going to be implemented in Tamil Nadu secretariat building with solar power. With this, Tamil Nadu is going to be the first state in the India to utilize green energy in government offices.
2. Awards to the persons who worked and contributed for physically challenged persons welfare in various categories were awarded by Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu on Independence day . In the field of Medicine, the Best Doctor award was bagged by Eye specialist Dr. Sankaran ( Kanchipuram), In the field of Social Service, the Best Social Worker award was received by Ilaiya Pari , Founder of Cure Trust and Research centre,( Madurai , Goripallayam). Best Charitable Trust award was bagged by Med India Chariatble try=ust in Chennai, Nungabakkam and More employment provided to physically challenged persons by a private sector organization “ orbit” ( Trichy), Award to Central Co-operative Bank , Salem for its contribution for giving priority to Physically challenged person’s welfare , Nilgris Adivasi’s Welfare Society also bagged the award for its tribute paid to Women Welfare in the category of Best Social Welfare Foundation. Best Social Worker Award was bagged by Dindugal Krishnammal Jegananthan. Best Collector award was bagged by Salem District Collector Sampath for his contributions to Physically challenged person’s welfare.
3. Kalpana Chawla award for 2017 was bagged by Preethi ( Thiruvannamali )
Ex- Tamil Nadu Women’s Hockey Team Captain U-19 for her brave and challenging efforts by running a foundation for physically disabled persons who is suffering from spinal failure due to accidents “ Sole free “ which provides employmenyt opportunities, Technical Training, Education and self employment to them. Preethi herself was affected by inabilities of body parts below her neck region. Shec was awarded with Rs. 5 lakhs of Cheque , a medal and a certificate by CM of Tamil Nadu.
4. Tamil Nadu Government’s CM award was given to Tirunelveli Municipal Corporation for its good governance in local body in the Best Municipal Corporation Category. A cheque for Rs 25 lakhs and an award was given to the Municipal Commissioner Subramanian by our CM of TN. In the Best Municipality Category : 1st place Erode District’s Sathyamangalam Municipality , a certificate and a cheque for Rs. 15 lakhs was bagged by Sudha ( Municipal Commissioner ) 2nd place by Poonamalle , Thiruvallur Municipal Commissioner Chitra received a cheque for rs. 10 lakhs and a certificate. 3rd Place goes to Thirumangalam , Madurai Municipal Commissioner Saraswathy . She received a cheque for Rs. 5 lakhs and a certificate. In Town Panchayat category : 1st place - Trichy Ponnampatti Exective Officer Shahul Hameed ( Rs 10 lakh Cheque and a certificate ) 2nd Place – Coimbatore Irugoor Executive Officer kanagraj ( Rs 5 lakhs cheque and a certificate) 3rd Place Erode Nambiyur Executive office Ganesan ( Rs 3 lakh cheque and a certificate )
5. Good Governance award for 3 Government departments was given by our CM of TN . In the Department of Police - the award was bagged by Home Secretary Niranjan Marti and DGP –T. K. Rajendran . In the field of Agriculture, the award was bagged by Minister Durai Kannu and Secretary Gagan Deep singh Bedi , In the field of Commercial Tax , the award was bagged by Minister Veeramani and secretary Chandra Mouli. In the field of Medicine- Narayanaswamy , Chennai Medical Council. Sathyagopla ( Commissioner, Revenue administration) for his innovation modern technique of watering plants directly to its roots.
6. Indira Canteen, government sponsored food out let as like Amma canteen in TN was opened in 101 wards in Karnataka by CM Siddharamaya.
7. India will host the next steering committee meeting of TAP ( Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan)gas pipe line. The decision was taken during the 6th joint Inter-governmental committee meeting on trade, economic, scientific and technological co-operation
8. Elina Svitolina won the Women’s singles title in 2017 Rogers Cup and the men’s single title was bagged by Alexander Zverev( Germany) by defeating Roger federer held in Montreal, Canada
9. Milka Singh was appointed as the WHO good will ambassador for physical activity in South East Asia Region. She will promote non communicable diseases prevention and control action plan
10. Italy will be hosting the G-7 Interior Minister’s summit 2017 on security issues in October 2017
11. Britain is seeking to leave the EU without having any borders with the Northern Ireland which is a part of United Kingdom.
12. War Museum of Auckland was lit up in the colors of Indian National Flag for the first time ever to mark 70th Independence day of India
13. PM Modi launched a website to honor gallantry award winners. Param Vir Chakra is the highest gallantry award
14. Natco Pharma ( Hyderabad ) recently received the nod from US Food and Drug Administration to market Lanthanum Carbonate chewable tablets. The tablets are used in treatment of patients with end stage renal diease ( ESRD) . This tablet will reduce the serum phosphate in patients with ESRD
15. The Bombay High Court has passed an order , restraining the Maharashtra state govt from granting permission to bullock cart racing until the govt frame rules to govern the same
16. The Government e-market place ( GeM) SPV and Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) signed a MoU to establish GeMSamvad, a GeM -Industry Forum for promoting Indian Industry and Entrepreneurship.
17. A 100 million year old damselfly species in Myanmar on 16th Aug 2017 was named after British Broadcaster and naturalist Sir David Attenborough to celebrate his 90th birthday and his contribution for longstanding appreciation of dragonflies. This damselfly belongs to the group of shadowdamsels and has been named as Mesosticta davidattenboroughi
18. According to a recent study by climate researchers, aeroplanes may be ejecting significant amounts of black carbon (BC) which in turn is affecting monsoon, depleting the ozone layer and quickening glacier melt. The study was conducted by climate researchers from multiple institutions in India including from the Indian Institute of Science and ISRO’s Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre.
19. Scientists from the University of Toronto, Canada have developed an injectable tissue bandage dubbed as AngioChip, smaller than a postage stamp that can repair damaged hearts.
20. The drug price regulator National Pharmaceuticals Pricing Authority (NPPA) has capped the prices of orthopaedic knee implants upto 70% lower than current market rates. It will be valid for all orthopaedic knee implants sold within India – whether domestic or imported. Earlier in February 2017, the NPPA had capped the prices of stents used in cardiac surgery.
21. China and Nepal have signed three pacts to further boost their ties in power, energy and economic sectors. The agreements signed cover oil and gas resources exploration, economic and technological cooperation and promotion of investment.
22.The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved revision in the procedure and mechanism for strategic disinvestment. In this regard, the proposal was forwarded by the Department of Investment and public Asset Management (DIPAM). The approval will help in speedy completion of strategic disinvestment transactions.