1. PV Sindhu became the first Indian shuttler to win the BWF Korean Open Super Series by defeating Nozomi Okuhara (Japan) held in Seoul, South Korea. The Men’s Single title was grabbed by Anthony Sinisuka Ginting (Indonesia). Men’s doubles title: Mathias Boe and Carsten Mogensen , Women’s Double Title: Huang Yaqiong and Yu Xiaohan. Mixed Doubles Title : Praveen Jordan and Debby Susanto
2. The GST Network (GSTN) has reopened composition scheme window facility for small taxpayers with turnover of up to Rs.75 lakh to opt for composition scheme, which offers easy compliance for business as returns are to be filed only quarterly. The window will be open for those taxpayers who have migrated from earlier excise, service tax or VAT regime as well as for the newly registered taxpayers.
3. A joint military training exercise Yudh Abhyas 2017, (13th edition) was held at Joint Base Lewis McChord, Washington between India and United States. In this edition of exercise, armies of both countries honed tactical skills in counter-insurgency and counter-terrorist operations (CICT ops) under UN charter. Yudh Abhyas is annual bilateral military exercise, alternately held by the two countries.
4. The 69th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards ceremony honouring best US prime time television programming was held at the Microsoft Theater in Downtown Los Angeles, California. The Winners are
Outstanding Comedy Series: Veep Outstanding Drama Series: The Handmaid’s Tale (first web series to win) Outstanding Variety Talk Series: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Outstanding Variety Sketch Series: Saturday Night Live Outstanding Limited Series: Big Little Lies Outstanding Television Movie: Black Mirror (“San Junipero”) Outstanding Reality-Competition Program: The Voice Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series: Donald Glover as Earnest “Earn” Marks on Atlanta Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series: Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Selina Meyer on Veep Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series: Sterling K. Brown as Randall Pearson on This Is Us Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series: Elisabeth Moss as June Osborne / Offred on The Handmaid’s Tale Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie: Riz Ahmed as Nasir “Naz” Khan on The Night Of. Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or Movie: Nicole Kidman as Celeste Wright on Big Little Lies Outstanding Directing for a Comedy Series: Atlanta (Episode: “B.A.N.”), Directed by Donald Glover Outstanding Directing for a Drama Series: The Handmaid’s Tale (Episode: “Offred”), Directed by Reed Morano Outstanding Directing for a Variety Series: Saturday Night Live (Episode: “Host: Jimmy Fallon”), Directed by Don Roy King Outstanding Directing for a Limited Series, Movie, or Dramatic Special: Big Little Lies, Directed by Jean-Marc Vallée. Outstanding Writing for a Comedy Series: Master of None (Episode: “Thanksgiving”), Written by Aziz Ansari and Lena Waithe.Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series: The Handmaid’s Tale (Episode: “Offred”), Written by Bruce Miller Outstanding Writing for a Variety Series: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Outstanding Writing for a Limited Series, Movie, or Dramatic Special: Black Mirror (Episode: “San Junipero”), Written by Charlie Brooker.
5. Sardar Sarovar Dam (Narmada dam project) at Kevadia, Gujarat was dedicated to the nation by PM Modi on his 67th birthday Sardar Sarovar Dam is the highest dam ever built in India and second biggest concrete gravity dam in world in terms of volume after Grand Coulee Dam in US. The dam has length of 1.2 kms and depth of 163 metres. Its height was recently raised to 138.68 metres, enabling usable water storage of 4.73 million acre feet (MAF). The Sardar Sarovar Dam project was vision of India’s first deputy Prime Minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel to arrest excess flow of water from Narmada River into Arabian Sea. The foundation stone of project was laid out by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru on April 5, 1961. Four Indian states, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharastra and Rajasthan will receive water and electricity supplied from the dam.
6. Tech Giant Google’s Unified Payments Interface (UPI) based digital payment service Tez (meaning fast in Hindi) was launched by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley in New Delhi. With this, Google become latest international giant to enter into India’s fast growing digital payment ecosystem. The app can be used to pay for movie tickets, utility bills, and make other transactions online. It supports several local languages including Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil and Telugu and will work with 55 banks. Google Tez is standalone payments application, available on Android and iOS.
7. Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), the paramilitary force that guards India’s borders with Bhutan and Nepal, its full-fledged intelligence wing has launched by the Union Ministry. The intelligence wing will gather actionable information in a bid to enhance operational efficiency. It will have 650 field and staff agents to gather actionable information.
8. Mercedes Araoz was appointed as the new Prime Minister of Peru by President Pedro Pablo Kuczynski.
9. Senior IPS office Y C Modi was appointed as the New Director General of National Investigation Agency (NIA). He will replace Sharad Kumar who is going to retire on 30th Oct,2017.
10. Welfare and Rehabilitation Board App (WARB App) for grievance redressal of retired CAPF’s and Assam Rifles Personnel was launched by the Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
11. Assam State Government has announced setting up of a well equipped skill city with a capacity of 10000 training seats in the state.