1. The International Cricket Council has launched an anti-corruption investigation in Sri Lanka
2. Vaishnavi Jakka Reddy ( Indian Shuttler ) won the Women’s singles in U-19 title at Belgian Junior Open Badminton Tournament.
3. Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana –Saubhagya was launched by PM Modi to provide last mile power connectivity to all rural and urban households. Under the scheme, government will provide free electricity to all households identified under Socio-Economic and Caste Census (SECC) data 2011.
4. The Veteran Journalist and Marathi Litterateur Arun Sadhu known for his work in Mumbai Dinak was passed away recently
5. Mary Kom was chosen as the first Indian to be picked as representative of the International Boxing Association for the IOC Athletes Forum.
6. Mission Indradhanush will be launched in North –eastern region on 7th October 2017
7. Abdul Majid, the famous Assamese film icon passed away recently. He was popularly known as Majidka
8. Pralay Sahayam, a multi –agency exercise was recently conducted on the banks of Hussain Sagar Lake in Hyderabad.
9. NGT ( The National Green Tribunal ) has directed the government of Delhi to submit a report on segregation, compaction and disposal of waste at one of its major land fill sites.
10. The Union Government has recently launched Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Vigyan Gram Sankul Pariyojana in the state of Uttarakhand. This project is to formulate and implement appropriate Science & Technology interventions for Sustainable development through cluster approach.
11. The State of Uttar Pradesh has decided to release over 100 inmates to mark the birth centenary of pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya.
12. South Korea is planning to boost its defence programme with nuclear submarines and spy satellites.
13. East Bengal won its 8th Consecutive Calcutta Foot ball league title .
14. A new underground water treatment plant was inaugurated at Sadhutilla , in Southern Part of Agartala, Tripura with the support of the state Urban development department. The plant has been designed to treat surface water and deep tube wells .
15. Rajiv Mehrishi ( Former Home Secretary ) has taken over the charge as 13th Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India . He was succeeding Shashi Kant Sharma.
16. CNR Rao was chosen for 2017 Von Hippel Award. He is first Indian and first Asian to win this honour. Von Hippel Award, the highest international prize in materials research. The award will be presented to Prof Rao for his interdisciplinary contributions to development of novel functional materials, including nanomaterials, graphene, superconductivity, 2D materials and colossal magnetoresistance at Boston in November 2017. He was first Indian scientist to reach the h-index of 100.
17. INS “TARASA “ ( T94) will be commissioned into the Indian Navy on 26th Sep,2017 at Naval Dockyard, Mumbai. INS TARASA is a patrol Vessel of the Car Nicobar -class of Indian Navy and the last ship in the series of 4 Water Jet Fast Attack Craft.
18. The President of United States, Donald Trump has issued a new travel ban that includes North Korea, Venezuela and Chad in the list of 8 countries . He cited that poor security and lack of co-operation with US authorities for including the nations on the ban list .The ban on other Muslim-majority nations including Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria and Yemen remains like before.
19. Indian Coast Guard’s (ICG) new interceptor boat V-409 was launched in Mangaluru, Karnataka by Bharathi Defence and Infrastructure Limited (BDIL). The vessel has the capability of attaining a very high speed in a very short duration and can operate in shallow waters. The vessel will be inducted into service by mid-October 2017 to give boost to coastal security and national security.
20. NASA’s asteroid-chasing spacecraft Osiris-Rex successfully swung by Earth to put it on desired trajectory towards near earth asteroid Bennu using Earth’s gravity. It passed within 17,237 kilometres from Earth above Antarctica. It was launched in September 2016 for studying 101955 Bennu, a carbonaceous asteroid. It is NASA’s first asteroid sampling mission.
21. PM Modi has constituted Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) headed by Niti Aayog member Dr Bibek Debroy. The five member of council consists of Dr Surjit Bhalla, Dr Rathin Roy, Dr Ashima Goyal and Ratan Wata as other members. The EAC-PM is an independent body , which will analyse any issue economic or otherwise referred to it by the Prime minister.
22.Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited (TRIFED) has inked MoU with e-commerce giant Amazon with an aim to promote tribal handicrafts like handloom products, cane and bamboo products, tribal jewellery, Dhokra craft, tribal weaves and embroidery, tribal paintings etc. TRIFED already has tied-up with Snapdeal.