1. Senior IPS officer Abhay is appointed as new Director General of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).He will be in the office till 18 Nov 2019
2. The Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) Bill, 2017 was passed by the Parliament after it was adopted by Rajya Sabha. Lok Sabha already had passed the bill in August 2017. The IIPE aims to provide high quality education and research focusing on all aspects and themes of petroleum, hydrocarbons and energy. The IIPE is being set up at Visakhapatnam as part of a package promised by the Centre to Andhra Pradesh after Telangana was carved out of it.
|CLICK HERE TO BUY ONLINE|
4. Goods and Services Tax (Compensation to States) Amendment Bill, 2017 was passed by the Lok Sabha. The Bill amends the GST (Compensation to States) Act, 2017 and replaces an Ordinance promulgated in September 2017. The amendment bill increases maximum rate at which Compensation Cess can be levied from 15 to 25% on motor vehicle for transport of not more than 13 persons (mostly luxury vehicles ), including the driver and motor vehicles falling under mentioned sub-headings. The purpose this law is to provide compensation to state for a period of five years from the date on which the state brings its State GST Act into force. It allows the Union Government to notify rate of the GST Compensation Cess on items such as pan masala, coal, aerated drinks, and tobacco, subject to certain caps.
5. Andhra Pradesh Fibre Grid project was inaugurated by President Ram Nath Kovind which is aimed at providing affordable high-speed internet service to every household in the state at a nominal rate. The Fibre Grid project aims to connect over 1.45 crore households, 60000 schools, 12198 Panchayats, 10000 government offices, 670 mandal Offices, 96 municipalities, 14 corporations, 6000 Public Health Centres (PHCs) with high speed internet. Fibre Grid project also termed as Triple Play2 Services envisages to provide internet, television and telephone services to more than one lakh households in the state at a nominal price.
6. Social Media Giant Facebook started testing the use of Aadhaar by asking new Indian users to enter their names as per Aadhaar card while signing up. The move is aimed at cutting the number of fake accounts on the social media platform.
7. The high-level task force headed by Nirpendra Mishra, Principal Secretary to PM Modi has formulated 12 point draft ‘Air Action Plan –Abatement of Air Pollution in the Delhi NCR and has asked for feedbacks in 15 days to make it” more effective and practical “.
8. The Delhi High Court in a recent ruling held that no one has the right to indiscriminately use any open land, especially that belonging to the government as a burial ground.
9. The Union Agriculture and Farmer’s Welfare Minister Radha Mohan Singh on 27th Dec 2017 launched Livestock Disease Forewarning –Mobile Application (LDF-Mobile App) which was developed by ICAR-National Institute of Veterinary Epidemiology and Disease Informatics ( ICAR-NIVEDI), Bengaluru.
10. The Parliament of Israel has passed a controversial law limiting the police’s ability to recommend charges following their investigations after criticism that law makers were seeking to protect PM Benjamin Netanyahu.
11. NASA is planning to launch a next generation space telescope that will provide the largest picture of universe ever seen, with the same depth and clarity as the Hubble Space Telescope. The Wide Field Infrared Survey telescope (WFIRST) is scheduled to launch in the mid 2020’s. It will function as Hubble’s wide-eyed cousin , according to NASA.
12. 100th Annual conference of Indian Economic Association( IEA) at Acharya Nagarjuna University, Andhra Pradesh was formally inaugurated by President Ram Nath Kovind.
13. The two regional Indian airlines Air Odisha and Air Deccan have joined hands to save operation costs.
14. Anisa Sayyed , the Indian Shooter won the women’s 25 m pistol gold with a new record at the 61st National Shooting Championship Competitions held at Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.