Prepared by D.Sarala, Viluppuram
1. Ice land ranks no : 1 in Global Gender Gap Index according to World Economic Forum 2015 followed by Norway, Finland and Sweden and also it is the first country to neutralize gender pay gap.
2. A suspected Chemicals weapon attack on a rebel held town of Khan Sheikhun in northwestern Syria. Nearly 86 people were killed in this attack. On behalf of this the United States has carried out a missile attack over Syria in order to stop chemical weapon attack by Bashar al –Assad’s regime
3. Union govt has announced additional 50 working days under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural employment Programme ( MNREGA) scheme in 8 drought hit states includes Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh .
4. Gunotsav programme to improve quality of school education in the state was conducted for four days in Assam. Gunotsav was actually an initiative of Gujarat Government.
5. Google has introduced an application for viewing videos on a slower networks in You tube and it can be downloaded from the Google play store in India as “You Tube Go “application
6. Twitter introduced “ Twitter Lite “ a data friendly platform its users in India. It will provide the same key features of Twitter such as time line, tweets, direct messages, notification, profiles, media upload, etc
7. A three day National Children’s Film festival was inaugurated in Vishakapatnam by
Mr. M. Venkaiah Naidu. This is hosted by Children’s Film society of India and Govt of Andhra Pradesh
8. IVRI ( Bareilly, UP) are in the process of collecting DNA samples of all types of wild animals to help in wild life research and also to reduce poaching of animals. It is found that North India will be first to get its recognition to have DNA bank .IVRI( Indian Veterinary Research Institute )
9. Nepal President Bindhya Devi Bhandari honoured General Bipin Rawat ( Chief of Army Staff) to the honorary rank of Nepal Army General in a special function held at President’s office.Since 1950’s this is the long year tradition to give honorary titles to both the army chiefs to have their close tie up with theit militaries.
10. Malvika Sinha was appointed as the new ExectiveDirector ( ED) of RBI ( Reserve Bank of India )
11. Madhya Pradesh Govt has launched Deendayal Antodaya Rasoi Yojana to provide food for the poor in urban areas at subsidized rate. In its first phase it will be implemented in 51 districts of the State . In this scheme full meals will be provide for Rs. 5.
12. April 5 is celebrated as National Maritime day every year to commemorate the maiden voyage of our first owned ship “ SS Loyalty “ to London from Bombay in 5th April 1919.this is our 54th edition and theme is “ Connecting India through Shipping “. First it is celebrated in the year 1964
13. PV Sindhu ranks World No: 2 in her career -best in the latest World Badminton Federation rankings and she is the second woman to be placed in top 5 of world rankings after Saina Nehwal. Saina Nehwal is placed at 9th position. No one from Men’s category of India is placed at top 10 position.
14. Two foreign coaches Dave smith and Galina P. Bukharina and two support staffs namely Dmitry Kislev and Elmira Kislev for athletics till 2020 Olympics. They were appointed by Union Sports Minister Vijay Goel .
15. The second highest peace time gallantry award “ Kirti Chakra “ was posthumously conferred to Lance Havildar Prem Bahadur Resmi Mahar of Gorkha rifles who eliminated 4 terrorists in the operation held at Jammu and Kashmir in june2016 which was presented by President of India. He also presented 13 Shaurya chakra Award, 15 Param Vishisht Seva Medals, 2 Uttam Yudh Seva Medals and 28 Ati Vishisht Seva Medals.
16. RBI cut downs NEFT( National Electronic Fund Transfer) clearance time for faster transfers from one hourly batches to half hourly batches . This will enhance the efficiency of NEFT service and add to customer convenience.
17. April 7- World Health Day, celebrated every year to mark the anniversary of WHO foundation day. 2017 Theme: “ Depression: Let’s talk”
18. Department of science and technology ( DST) has launched Cyber Physical Systems Programme ( CPS) which deals with self driven cars, autonomous unmanned vehicles and aircraft navigation systems.It is a mechanism controlled or monitored by computer based algorithms.
19. TRAI has ordered Reliance Jio to withdraw its Summer Surpise Offer.