Prepared by D.Sarala
1. During the two day India-US Maritime Security Dialogue in Rhode Island , a discussion to strengthen maritime security co-operation was made between the top Indian and American Officials.
2. Justice Mukul Mudgal was appointed as the Chairman of FIFA Governance Committee and the Former Vice President of the European Commission Olli Rehn ( Finland )will be the deputy Chairman of FIFA Governance Committee
3. Aruna Sundararajan was appointed as the Secretary of Department of Telecommunications.
4. To address the complaints and queries of citizens on electoral issues a National Contact centre was launched by the election commission of India. A toll free number also introduced 1800111950. They can talk to the executives in Hindi or English.
5. VVS Laxman ( Former Indian Batsman ) became the fifth Indian to receive the honorary life membership of Marylebone Cricket Club ( MCC). MCC is in London and it was founded in 1787.Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid , Sourav Ganguly and Zaheer Khan were the four already received this honour.
6. TN Govt has formed a 7 member committee under the Chairmanship of the Chief Conservator of Forest (Research ) to study the various aspects of the harmful Seemai Karuvelam trees.
7. Brazil declared an end to public health emergency for the Zika virus after about 18 months of fight against this mosquito borne virus. Zika virus is carried by the Aedes aegypti mosquito. In Nov 2016, WHO lifted its own international health emergency status for Zika.
8. India test fired a surface to air missile “ Spyder”( Surface to air PYthon and DERby) from a test range Chandipur , Odisha .It can neutralize enemy targets upto a distance of 15 km and at heights between 20 and 9000 metres.
9. The Income Tax (IT) Department launched an e-facility for tax payers to link their Permanent Account Number (PAN) with Aadhaar.
10. Amitabh Bachchan has been chosen as the WHO’s good will ambassador for hepatitis in South- East Asia to spread awareness about this disease in this region.
11. The Home ministry has mandated the NGO’s registered under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act to have their accounts in either nationalized banks or in a few private banks that has core banking facilities.
12. Vinay Mohan Kwatra has been appointed as India’s next ambassador to France .
13.NASA detects sign of water in a neptune sized planet called HAT-P-26b