1. The Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) has planned to build a new oil terminal at Motihari in Bihar to supply fuel to Nepal via the planned pipeline up to Amlekganj in Nepal since its terminal functioning at Raxaul in Bihar is going to be closed as it does not meet the current safety guidelines of OISD (Oil Industry Safety Directorate).
2. ISRO has launched a solar calculator app that has been created by the Space Application Center (SAC) facility of ISRO to calculate the benefits of installing solar panels in different regions of the country.as per the request of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE)’s request. The app comes handy for installation of Photovoltaic (PV) for tapping of solar energy.
3. US President Donald Trump has introduced biggest tax reform plan in the history of United States, the income tax rates have been slashed from 39.6% to 35%.
4. Researchers have developed artificial wombs that can facilitate development of premature babies in a uterus-like environment. They have created a fluid-filled transparent container called the Biobag to simulate how foetuses float in amniotic fluid inside the uterus of their mothers.
5. Poland supports India for getting permanent membership in United Nations Security Council and to become a member in Nuclear Suppliers Group..
6. India’s first electric taxi trial would be launched in Nagpur from May 24. The first project of its kind will be undertaken by Nagpur Municipal Corporation. Mahindra and Mahindra is set to provide 200 taxis for the initiative.
7. The Home Ministry has planned to raise an all-woman India Reserve Battalion (IRB) in Jammu and Kashmir.
8. United States have placed India on the ‘Priority Watch List’ for decades now and is likely to remain in the ‘Priority Watch List’ category for having inadequate IPR laws and patent protection
9. Kazakhstan has opened its honorary consulate in Chennai on its 25th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between India and Kazakhstan.
10. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Cypriot President Nicos Anastasiades have signed four agreements following delegation-level talks in New Delhi. Cyprus reiterated its support to India’s bid for inclusion a permanent member in the UNSC. The Grand Collar of the Order of Makarios III,( highest civilian honour, of Cyprus) will be given to President Pranab Mukherjee.
11. Kerala has conducted the country’s first-ever transgender one-day athletic meet in Thiruvananthapuram. The event was jointly organised by Kerala sports council and Sexual Gender Minority Federation of Kerala. 132 participants belonging to 12 districts of the state.took part in it.
12. A tripartite MoU has been signed between BBNL, Department of Posts and BSNL to provide broadband connectivity of BharatNet to Post Offices in rural areas. BSNL would provide broadband services. The infrastructure expenses and the operational expenses would be paid by the Department of Posts. BBNL would facilitate and coordinate the entire project.
13. Union Ministry of Health has launched centrally sponsored scheme “the Test and Treat policy for Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) patients”. As per this new policy, anyone who is tested and found positive will get the necessary treatment free of cost. Anyone found positive will be provided with ART (Anti- Retroviral Therapy) irrespective of his CD count.
14. “Digi Yatra” initiative is looking forward to make boarding pass and security check-ins digital at airports using Aadhaar and mobile phones. The move is aimed to ease the security and boarding procedure by the Ministry of Civil Aviation .