1. Gautam Bambawale was appointed as India’s ambassador to China . One of the major tasks of Bambawale is to stabilize India –China ties that were rocked by a military face off in the Doklam area of Butan which lasted for 73 days.
2. Mahatma Gandhi’s 150 th anniversary to be celebrated from Oct 2 , 2019 to Oct 2, 2020. To commemorate the same, the Union Government constituted a National Committee head by PM Modi and the committee comprises CM’s of all the states, representatives from political spectrum, Gandhians, thinkers and prominent people from different spheres of life.
3. Med Watch, a health app was launched by the Indian Air Force’s Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa during the Air Force Commander’s Conference in New Delhi. It is the first health app among the three armed services to keep up with PM Modi’s Vision of ‘Digital India’ .
4. 2017 Global Hunger Index : The inequalities of Hunger was released by the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI). India ranks at 100th place among 119 countries. This is due to the fact that one in every 5 children is with low weight for height. In South Asia, India at 100th place is the third worst in all of Asia, better only than Afghanistan and Pakistan. China ranked the highest at 29, Nepal (72), Myanmar ( 77), Sri Lanka (84 ), Bangladesh( 88), Pakistan (106) and Afghanistan (107).
5. The Union Cabinet approved the revision of pay scales for about 8 lakhs teachers and other equivalent academic staff of universities and colleges which are funded by the UGC/MHRD. For the State government funded institutions the revised pay scales will require adoption by respective State Governments.
6. The Chennai Metro rail (CMRL) has introduced free bicycle ride scheme for its customer. The Metro Corporation has tied up with a private agency to provide 100 –hours of bicycle ride free of every month.
7. The Tamil Nadu cabinet has approved the implementation of the 7th Pay commission recommendations to benefit the state government employees and teachers after receiving a report from Finance Secretary K Shanmugam.
8. The Union Cabinet has approved the MoU between India and Belarus for co-operation in Vocational Education. This is for the first time that India signed MoU for co-operation in area of vocational education training and skill development for Eurasion Country.
9. Under the Japan –India Energy Partnership initiative both the countries agreed to work together in promoting well-functioning energy markets and affirmed to promote a transparent and diversified Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Market.
10. Ashish Nehra bidfs adieu to all forms of cricket.
11. The Union Cabinet approved the MoU signed between India and Morocco on co-operation in the field of water resources.
12. FIFA suspends the Pakistan Foot Ball Federation with immediate effect in accordance with the verdict of the Bureau of the FIFA Council on account of undue third party interference.
13. Iceland became the smallest country to enter the 2018 FIFA World Cup to be held in Russia.
14. The state cabinet of Uttar Pradesh approved the digitalization of land maps in 70 districts of the state.
15. Rajasthan became the first state to incorporate skill development programme in the higher education.
16. The Chief Minister of Assam inaugurated the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana in the state’s Silchar district.
17. Gujarat Government would be setting up 16 new townships of Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC) in 2400 hectare area to encourage the small and medium enterprises ( SMEs)
18. RBI has decided to launch a financial literacy drive in 80 blocks in 9 states on a pilot basis to educate people on e-transactions formal sector borrowings and insurance purchases.
19. The sate cabinet of Bihar has decided to provide reservations for persons with disabilities in government jobs and educational institutions.20.The Maharashtra government’s cabinet has approved the adaptation of climate change policy that will focus on development of environment friendly villages and cities.