Prepared by D.Sarala, Viluppuram
1. The first herbal garden of the Uttar Pradesh near the Government national Homeopathic college and hospital, Lucknow will be set up soon to encourage the farmers to cultivate herbal plants across the state.
2. UP government planned to set up 40 Yoga wellness centres in 40 districts across the state in the present financial year 2017-18
3. April 22 – World Earth Day. Earth Day 2017’s Campaign is Environmental & Climate Literacy.
4. April 21- Civil Services Day. This year it was the 11th edition. In this celebration awards will be given to five priority schemes, namely, “Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana”, “Deendayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana”, “Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana”, “Start Up India/Stand Up India” and “e-National Agriculture Market (e-NAM)”. Totally, 10 districts would be awarded this year under the five priority schemes.
5. China has unilaterally announced ‘standardised’ names for six places in Arunachal Pradesh with Roman alphabet as Wo’gyainling, Mila Ri, Qoidêngarbo Ri, Mainquka, Bümo La and Namkapub Ri. The Union minister of state for home Affairs Kiren Rijiju, asserted that Arunachal Pradesh is an inseparable and integral part of India.
6. Ace Shuttler PV Sindhu has been ranked World No. 3 in the latest BWF ranking.
7. India has nominated Hindustan Shipyard Ltd (HSL), Visakhapatnam for the collaboration with South Korea. A MoU was signed between India and South Korea for defence industry cooperation in shipbuilding.
8. Cuba and Morocco has signed an agreement to re-establish diplomatic ties after a time period of 37 years.
9. The assets created under MGNREGA includes water harvesting structures, plantations, rural infrastructure, flood control measures, individual assets for sustainable livelihood, community infrastructure etc has reached a major milestone by geo tagging one crore assets created under it.
10. The five parties ( Madhesi)of Nepal namely Mahantha Thakur‘s Tarai Madhes Loktantrik Party, Rajendra Mahato‘s Sadbhawana Party, Sharat Singh Bhandari‘s Rastriya Madhes Samajbadi Party, Mahendra Yadav‘s Tarai Madhes Sadbhawana Party and Rajkishor Yadav‘s Madhesi Janadhikar Forum- Ganatantrik joined together to form a new united party in the name of “Rastriya Janata Party”, which is going to be Nepal’s fifth largest party in the Parliament.
11. The Supreme court has ruled out that alimony to be paid for the Women who are separated should be 25% of his net salary as maintenance . Also to be noted in case if he possessed of properties, then his wife will be entitled to a right to be maintained out of such properties.
12. NSCI Safety Awards 2016 was given to 70 Organisations at a function held in New Delhi by the Minister of State (IC) for Labour & Employment Bandaru Dattatreya. Indian Oil’s Digboi refinery, National Fertilizers, Panipat, and NPCIL, Kaiga Generating Station 3 and 4, Karnataka, are the winners in the manufacturing sector category. Godrej & Boyce Mfg. Co. Ltd. And L&T Ltd., Rawatbhata, Chittorgarh has been selected for its works on NPCIL Atomic Power Project, Rajasthan in construction sector category. Electricals & Electronics, Thane, has won SarvaShreshtha Suraksha Puraskar for the year 2016 in MSME secto.
13.Bar Council of India (BCI) has called for a nationwide agitation against the undemocratic provisions of the Advocates (Amendment) Bill, 2017. It has stated that all the proposed amendments will take away the freedom of lawyers to practice fearlessly in the court proceedings.
14.Department of Investment and Public Asset Management (DIPAM), Ministry of Finance, has set a record target of Rs. 72,500 crore to be realized through disinvestment in this fiscal year . The Union government has raised Rs. 1,200 crore by divesting 9.2% of paid-up capital in National Aluminum Company Ltd. (NALCO). With this disinvestment, Government’s shareholding in NALCO has become 65.37%.
15.China’s first cargo spacecraft Tianzhou-1 with the Tiangong-2 space lab has successfully docked . China has an ambitious plan of building a permanent space station by 2022, that will be in the orbit for at least 10 years.
16.For the capacity augmentation of National Waterway-1 (NW-1) between Haldia in West Bengal and Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh on the river Ganga under the Jal Marg Vikas Project (JMVP), the World Bank has approved a loan of $375 million.
17.The Government has approved some guidelines on service charges proposed by the Ministry of Food and Consumer Affairs to protect the rights of consumers, the government has said that Service charge on hotel and restaurant bills is “totally voluntary”.