1. May 31- World No tobacco day
2. The Reserve Bank of India has announced that new one rupee note has been printed by the government and will be soon put into circulation. The new note will feature ‘Bharat Sarkar’ on its masthead, and ‘Government of India’ printed below that. In contrast all the other currencies in India has ‘Bharatiya Reserve Bank’ and ‘Reserve Bank of India’ printed on them. This is because the one-rupee note has always been issued by the central government.The watermarks of the Re 1 note will include the Ashoka Pillar, the hidden numeral “1” and the hidden word “Bharat” in Hindi). The note will also feature an image of the ‘Sagar Samrat’ oil exploration rig. The new Re.1 one will be predominantly pink-green on the obverse and reverse in combination with other colours. The new one rupee note will bear the rupee symbol. It will be 9.7 by 6.3 cm in dimension.The central bank said that the note will bear the signature of Shakthikanta Das , Secretary, Ministry of Finance , rest other notes bear the signature of RBI Governor.
3. India and Germany has signed 12 agreements after delegation level talks between Prime Minister Modi and German chancellor Angela Merkel on a range of issues like trade, skill development, cyber security and terrorism.
4. The Union Minister for Communications Manoj Sinha has announced that India Mobile Congress 2017 (IMC 2017) is scheduled to be held as a three day event from 27th to 29th September 2017 in New Delhi. This is the first time India is all set to host its own mobile mega show. The Indian telecom market is the second-largest in the world after China.
5. Scientists at IIT Kharagpur has come up with a new technology known as ‘soil-to-soil’ manufacturing technology for manufacturing cheaper, quicker and pollution-free fuel simply known as bio fuel.. The technology is in the process of being patented.
6. United States for the first time has successfully tested its defence system against an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM). The test comes at the backdrop of US’s increased tensions with North Korea.
7. Veteran Telugu Film Maker and former Union minister Dasari Narayana Rao ( 75) has passed away recently following heart failure.
8. Shipping and transport minister Nitin Gadkari has laid the foundation stone for eight connectivity projects at Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust in Mumbai
9. Delhi police launched the Bicycle patrols for better policing as a green initiative for patrolling the parks, congested lanes, by-lanes, the co-operative societies, etc.
10. The Yogi Adityanath led Uttar Pradesh government has extended the retirement age of government doctors from 60 to 62 years.
11. India and Spain signed 7 agreements between Indian PM Modi and Spanish President Mariano Rajoy including one on cyber security and technical co-operation on civil aviation.
12. The Secretary, Ministry of Earth Sciences M.Rajeevan announced to improve India’s position in ocean research field and decided to launch “ Deep Ocean Mission “ by Jan 2018.India is the first country in the world to have been given the Pioneer Area for exploration of deep sea mineral in 1987.
13. Former Indian Captain MS Dhoni along with current captain Virat Kohli has made into the top 15 of the ESPN’s World Fame 100 list for 2017 .
14. The Income Tax department (ITD) announced that tax payers can now link their Aadhaar card no with and Permanent Account Number ( PAN) by using SMS based facility.The two no’s can be linked by sending an SMS either to 567678 or 56161. Moreover, people can also use IT department’s e-filing website.
15.India lost its fastest growing majority economy tag in the Jan-March period, which was the 4th quarter of the financial year 2016-2017 with the GDP coming down to 6.1 % compared with previous quarter provisional 7%.