1. UNESCO added German Caves with World’s oldest known art to heritage list .These caves are located at Swabian Jura region of Germany.
2. Gopala Krishnan Gandhi was nominated as Opposition Candidate for Vice-Presidential election 2017 by Congress President Sonia Gandhi .
3. Afghanistan batsman Shafiqullah Shafaq scored double century in the Paragon Nangarhar Champion Trophy T 20 , a local tournament of Afghanistan.
4. Ravi Shastri took over as new Coach of Indian Cricket Team in July 2017, after Anil Kumble who resigned recently .
5. President Pranab Mukhurjee inaugurated Ashiana Annexe in Dehradun which comprises of 12 low cost dwelling units constructed to accommodate officers and staff of Rashtrapati Bhavan during Presidential Visits to the Retreat at Ashiana.
6. Rajasthan became the first state to fix minimum educational qualification for co-operative body poll. The minimum qualification for the Primary committee members will be Class 8 , for district level committee it will be class 10 and graduartion for State Level Committee
7. Zaheer Khan was appointed as the bowling coach for Indian Cricket Team on July 2017
8. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights claimed that it has confirmed news that Abu Bakr al –Baghdadi, the chief of the Islamic state of Iraq and Syria ( ISIS) has died.
9. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) in July 2017 agreed to award two cities for hosting 2024 and 2028 Games. The two cities are Paris and Los Angeles.
10. The Union Government has increased import duty on sugar to 50% to support domestic prices.
11. The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has imposed a complete ban on nylon and synthetic manja on the grounds that it poses a threat to humans and animals.
12. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for the Joint Interpretative Notes (JIN) on the Agreement between India and Bangladesh for the Promotion and Protection of Investments.
13. NASA’s unmanned spacecraft Juno has successfully peered into the Jupiter’s giant storm known as the Great Red Spot. It became first space probe to complete flyby of Jupiter’s Great Red Spot.
14. 5 States and a Union Territory (UT) have signed memorandum of understanding (MoU) to join GeM (Centre’s Government e-Marketplace) initiative. They are Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Gujarat, Telangana, Arunachal Pradesh and Puducherry (UT). Four more states including Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Jharkhand and Haryana, will ink such MoU soon. GeM is an Online Market platform to facilitate procurement of goods and services by various Ministries and agencies of the Government. It aims to enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement of goods and services and eliminate corruption.
15. India will be the world’s largest milk producer by 2026 and will account for the biggest increase in wheat production globally according to recently released OECD-FAO Agricultural Outlook 2017-2026.
16. The Union Government has saved around Rs 57,000 crore in 2016-17 through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme under which subsidies are given directly to beneficiaries.
17.Tamil Nadu has reported its first case of Zika virus in a 27-year-old man from a village in Krishnagiri district.