1. Tamil Nadu Electricity Board has accepted to use “ AMMA ( Assured Multi Model Access) Mobile App “ under “digital India programme “ to pay electricity bill.
2. The Union government has decided to encourage teaching of Sanskrit as subject in schools. In order to implement this, The Union ministry of HRD has advised the CBSE to give statistical data about the schools which are already teaching Sanskrit and its study plan “
3. Karur Vysya Bank became the first in the country to facilitate to avail Aadhaar card by registering in the bank itself . It is introduced in its Choolaimedu branch, Chennai. This facility is implemented by UIDAI
4. RBI planned to frame rules and regulations for using digital wallet within two weeks
5. Puducherry CM Narayanaswamy flagged off Air service between Puducherry and Hyderbad . Spice Jet Q 400 will be the service provider will serve the passengers daily.
6. Google has introduced GPORT mobile software app . Using this, we can speak in tamil to find anything in the google search engine instead of typing with two fingers. This can be downloaded from Google play store
7. Students of Archaelpogical society in TN have found out rare pillar carvings made out of sea rocks , which belongs to the period of Vijayangar empire in Thirupullani Adhijeganatha perumal temple, Ramnathapuram
8. Central Government accepted the emergency ruled out by TN for NEET Exam.
9. The Union Government signed a MoU between India and Sweden on Intellectual Property rights.
10. The Energy efficiency Services Limited has signed a MoU with three state owned oil marketing companies(IOCL, HPCL, BPCL) for the distribution of LED bulbs, fans, tube lights through petrol pumps across India
11. A new museum on the partition of the Indian Subcontinent was inaugurated after 70 years of blood stained tragedy that has split British India into India and Pakistan in 1947. This museum is located in the red-brick town hall building in the North Indian border city of Amristar. This museum was built by Mallika Ahluwalia, CEO of Partition museum after hearing her 83 yr old grandmother’s tales of the sub continent before it was divided.
12. RBI makes Aadhaar linkage mandatory for farmers to avail short term crop loans for 2017-18
13. The 31st edition of the tournament 2017 Spanish Super Cup was won by Real Madrid ( Professional Foot Ball Club)by beating Barcelona
14. The Union Cabinet approved proposal to complete the balance works of North Koel Reservoir Project in Bihar, stalled since 1993. It also revived the project to address environmental concerns. North Koel River rises on Ranchi plateau in Jharkhand.
15. The Union Government has inked US $24.64 million Grant Agreement from the Global Environment Facility (GEF) of the World Bank for Ecosystem Service Im provement Project. The project’s duration is of five years. The Project will be entirely financed by the World Bank out of its GEF Trust Fund.
16. The United States has named Pakistan based Kashmiri terrorist outfit Hizbul Mujahideen as a “Foreign Terrorist Organisation (FTO)”.
17. According to the 2017 Global Liveability Report compiled by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), Australian city Melbourne is the most liveable city. For the seventh consecutive year, Melbourne has topped the list.No Indian city was ranked in the top ten or bottom ten. 10 most liveable cities’ list includes Vienna (2nd), Vancouver (3rd), Toronto (4th), Calgary (5th), Adelaide (6th), Perth (7th), Auckland (8th), Helsi nki (9th) and Hamburg (10th). The rankings of top five cities remain unchanged as compare to previous year.
18. Researchers from US-based Rice University have found new tectonic mirco plate off Ecuador’s coast in the eastern Pacific Ocean named Malpelo plate. Microplates are tectonic plates with an area less than 1 million sq. km
19. According to the census conducted by the Asian Nature Conservation Foundation (ANCF) at the Indian Institute of Science (Bengaluru), several NGOs and independent conservationists between March and May 2017, the report was released by the Union Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) the population estimation of Asian elephant in India is around 27,312. The population estimation of Asian elephants in 2017 census is lower than from the last census estimate in 2012 (between 29,391 and 30,711). Karnataka has the highest number of elephants (6,049), followed by Assam (5,719) and Kerala (3,054).
20.The Union Cabinet has approved creation of a single corpus fund non-lapsable known as Madhyamik and Uchchtar Shiksha Kosh (MUSK). Under it, all proceeds of secondary and higher education cess will be credited and utilised for the government’s schemes in education sector.