1. The researchers from the University of Western Australia and Tohoku University hospital in Japan have developed an artificial womb that has been successfully tested to incubate healthy bamb lambs for a week. This advanced technology may be used to save the lives of extremely premature human babies in near future.
2. ‘Navika Sagar Parikrama’ , A six-member all-woman team of the Indian Navy will set sail to circumnavigate the globe on the sailing vessel INSV Tarini. This is the first-ever Indian circumnavigation of the globe by an all-woman crew with an aim to promote women empowerment in the country and ocean sailing by the Indian Navy.
3. Veteran photographer S Paul (88) passed away in New Delhi. He was the first Indian to win the Nikon International Photo Contest in 1971. Famous B&W Magazine of US had described him as ‘The Henry Cartier-Bresson of India’.
4. The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) launched two mobile Apps – MyFASTag and FASTag Partner in to facilitate the availability of FASTags for Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) project. MyFASTag is a consumer application that will facilitate consumer to purchase or recharge FASTags on it. FASTag Partner is a merchant application. It will allow agencies like Common Services Centre (CSC), banking partners and vehicle dealers to sell and enroll FASTag.
5. The Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has launched the “Harit Diwali, Swasth Diwali” campaign with an aim to reduce adverse environmental conditions especially pollution in the country after post Diwali celebrations due to excessive bursting of crackers which contributes significantly to air and noise pollution.
6. The Union Defence Ministry has cleared a proposal to procure six AH-64-E Apache attack helicopters along with weapons systems from American aerospace giant Boeing for the Indian Army.
7. Asteroid Florence, which is one of the largest near earth asteroids , will pass safely by earth on 1st Sep 2017 in its closest ever encounter with the planet
8. Union cabinet approves new metro rail policy. This policy enables private investments across a range of metro operations making Public private Partnership ( PPP) component mandatory for availing central assistance for new metro projects.
9. Saudi Arabia’s King Salman orders reopening of the border with Qatar to give Qatari pilgrims an easy pass to carry out their annual hajj pilgrimage to Mecca
10. Vishal Sikka , resigns as Infosys CEO, Pravin Rao was appointed as interim Chief.
11. Mamta Suri took charge as Executive Director of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board.
12. The Union Cabinet has given its approval for raising extra budgetary resources (EBR) of up to 9020 Cr for long term irrigation fund as per the requirements during 2017-18
13. India signed an agreement worth USD 24.64 million with the World Bank for Ecosystem Service improvement Project.
14. I V Subba rao was appointed as Secretary to Vice President of India Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu
15. President Ram Nath Kovind has presented the National Safety Awards ( Mines) for the years 2013 and 2014.
16. Reliance Defence and engineering is going to change its name to Reliance Naval and engineering after getting approval from its investors.
17. Stone inscription with an emblem of tiger carived in it belongs to Chola reign was found in Vanamangalam, Krishnagiri during the renovation work of Anjaneyar temple.
18. 200 years old Humayun Mahal at chepauk Ezhilagam Campus is going to be revamped without any modifications, its budget plan is deciding by Public Workds department.