1. New banknotes of Rs.50 denomination in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series in fluorescent blue measures 66 mm x 135 mm. will be issued by RBI soon. The features in it are motif of Hampi with Chariot numeral 50 in devnagiri, year of printing, Swachh Bharat logo and the language panel on the reverse,side . The banknote will bear the signature of RBI Governor Dr. Urjit R. Patel on the front side along with the guarantee and promise clause and the RBI emblem, Mahatma Gandhi’s portrait at the Centre , Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right and denominational numeral 50. Micro letters ‘भारत, ‘INDIA’, ‘RBI’and ‘50’ will also feature on the front side. The security thread will have inscriptions ‘भारत’and RBI. The number panel will have numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
2. Five Indian-origin persons have featured in Fortune’s 2017 ’40 Under 40′ list of young and influential people in the field of business inspiring other s with their work. They are Leo Varadkar (age: 38) He is doctor by profession and is Ireland’s youngest leader in centuries as well first-ever gay to hold the office and ranked 5th . Divya Nag (26) Apple’s ambitious ResearchKit and CareKit programmes that encourage developers to build health- related apps . She was ranked 27th. Rishi Shah (31) and Shradha Agarwal (32) They are founders of health-tech firm Outcome Health. Their company raised over US $500 million at a valuation of more than $5 billion and they were ranked 38th, and Leila Janah (31) She is CEO and founder of non-profit Samasource and ranked 40th.
3. Parliamentary Standing Committee on Agriculture in its recent report, has observed that extreme weather events are costing India $9-10 billion annually. It also observed that climate change is projected to impact agricultural productivity with increasing severity from 2020 to the end of the century.
4. Aug 19 – World Humanitarian Day is observed every year to recognize work of humanitarian personnel and those who have lost their lives. The campaign theme for 2017 is #Not A Target
5. India and US have established new two-by-two (2 by 2) ministerial dialogue format that will replace the earlier India-US Strategic and Commercial Dialogue. It will be similar to the India-Japan 2+2 dialogue format between foreign and defence secretaries of the two countries. This new dialogue format is to enhance strategic coordination between them and maintaining peace and stability in the Indo-Pacific region.
6. Tracking and Data Relay Satellite-M (TDRS-M) into orbit has been successfully launched by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) . TDRS-M is third and final satellite in a series of the Tracking and Data Relay Satellite System (TDRSS), next generation communications satellites. The TDRSS is a fleet of geosynchronous communications satellites that form part of NASA’s Space Network. It was introduced in the 1980s to support the Space Shuttle. It was launched aboard a United Launch Alliance (ULA) Atlas V rocket. TDRS-M’s predecessors, TDRS-K and TDRS-L were also launched onboard of Atlas V rockets in January 2013 and January 2014, respectively.
7. China launched its first cyber (internet) court specializing in handling internet-related cases in the e-commerce hub of Hangzhou, capital of east China’s Zhejiang Province due to number of online disputes. The cyber court will handle cases such as online trade disputes and copyright lawsuits. It will provide a judicial guarantee for maintaining cyber security, resolving online disputes and promoting the integration of the Internet with society and the economy. . These cases handled by the court will be tried online.
8. Scientists have discovered two new species of earthworm belonging to the primitive family Moniligastridae in Western Ghats ranges of Kerala. They were named as Drawida polydiverticulata and Drawida thomasi by their distinguished set of characters.
9. India’s first calf delivered by a surrogate or recipient cow through In Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) technology carried out in a mobile laboratory was born in Indapur, Pune (Maharashtra). It has been named as Vijay. The purpose of producing surrogate calf was to protect indigenous cow breeds in its original form which have been destroyed due to cross-breeding.
10. In order to improve the functioning of the BRO and speed up works to avoid delays in projects and to achieve the desired outcomes according to the requirement of the Armed Force, the Union Defence Ministry has approved delegation of administrative and financial powers to the Border Roads Organisation (BRO).
11. Versius, the world’s smallest surgical robot , have been developed by the Scientists in the United Kingdom (UK). It was developed using low-cost technology used in mobile phones and space industries. Versius can make series of small incisions that will circumvent the need for traditional open surgery. These include colorectal operations, hernia repairs, as well as prostate, ear, nose and throat surgery.
12. Scientists from Los Alamos National Laboratory, US have discovered a potential new state of matter that may help explain phenomena like superconductivity, in the high-magnetic-field state of the heavy fermion superconductor CeRhIn5. Heavy fermions are intermetallic compounds, containing rare earth or actinide elements. The appearance of electronic alignment in a prototypical heavy-fermion superconductor is called nematic behaviour.
13. Indian Navy’s second CU (landing craft utility) Mark IV L52 ship was commissioned at Port Blair, capital of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. It has been indigenously designed and built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE), Kolkata. It is to be inducted into the Indian Navy. It is 62.8 meters long and 11 metres wide. LCU L52 ship is an amphibious ship with the primary role to transport and deploy Main Battle Tanks (MTBs), Armoured Vehicles, troops and equipment from ship to shore.
14. The Union Finance Ministry (Revenue Department) has imposed anti-dumping duty, which aims at protecting the domestic industry from cheaper imports and will be effective for five years on certain “textured toughened (tempered) glass” imported from China.
15. A total solar eclipse that would sweep across the United States , starting from Oregon on the west coast and ending at South Carolina on the east coast after 241 years. It was first seen in 1776.
16. Qatar, the host nation of 2022 FIFA World Cup is going to build a stadium shaped like an Arabian Skull cap for the world Cup quarter final match.
17. Nikolay Kudashev was appointed as Russia’s ambassador to India after the death of Alexander Kadakin.
18. Nagaland government , constituted a committee which is headed by Temjen Toy Additional Chief Secretary ( Home) to review Nagaland Municipal act 2001
19. The Bombay High Court has ordered to take strict action against violators of sex determination laws . This concern is raised due to declining sex ration in the state of Maharashtra
20. Rahul Doshi was crowned as “ Child Genius “ in UK. He won the title by answering a question on the 19th century artists William Holman Hunt and John Everett Millais.
21. The Union Government is planning to have 40% reservation for girls at Navodaya Schools.22.The first three of 24 fast track courts for Maharashtra which will deal with heinous crimes like rape and murder will be set up in Mumbai and Thane within a year.