1. Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar announced to organize International Gita Mahotsav in Kurukshetra, Haryana on 25th Nov,2017.The inauguration of the Mahotsav will be done by President Ram Nath Kovind.
2. Assam would be hosting the first ever Global Investor’s Summit in Guwahati from Feb 3-4,2018. PM Modi will be inaugurating this summit and this decision was taken by the cabinet of Assam.
3. A division bench of Kerala HC has restored the life ban imposed on cricketer S Sreesanth by the BCCI( Board of Control of Cricket in India ) in the wake of 2013 IPL spot- fixing scandal.
4. The Union Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas was conferred with Swachh Bharat Inter Ministerial award for carrying out various innovative and cleanliness activities over a period of 3 years.
5. Indian-origin teenager Aksahy Ruparelia is one of UK’s youngest millionaires at the age of 19. He made a fortune by selling houses through his online estate agency business during his school lunch
6. The Footwear Design and Development Institute ( FDDI)was declared as an “Institute of National Importance “ under the Union Ministry of Commerce & Industry by the virtue of the Foot wear Design & Development Institute Act, 2017.The provision of the FDDI Act came into force with effect from 16th Oct 2017.With this , the institute can now award degrees to the students.
7. Fifty Indian peacekeepers stationed in South Sudan were awarded with the UN Medal for their professionalism and service in protecting civilians and building durable peace in the conflict- ridden country. The peacekeepers were presented with the award by UNMISS Force Commander General Frank Mushyo Kanmanzi. These Indian peacekeepers are part of the UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS)
8. The state government of Chhattisgarh has reduced the rate of interest on loan given to women and their self-help groups under Saksham Yojna . The rate of interest on loans has been cut from 6.5 percent to 5 percent to benefit more women and their SHGs under the Yojna.
9. Naresh Kumar Gupta, retired judge of Madhya Pradesh HC was appointed as the Lokayukta(Ombudsman ) of MP with the consent of leader of opposition and CJI of high court.
10. The state government of Gujarat signed 3 MoU’s worth Rs 10400 Cr with three Companies such as United Phosphorous Limited ( UPL) , Grasim Industries Limited ( GIL) and Arvind Limited under Make in Gujarat Initiative to create 21300 job opportunities in the state.
11. The Employees Provident Fund Organization( EPFO)has launched a new online facility for its member to make it easier for them to link their 12-digit Aadhaar number with their Universal Account Number(UAN).
12. ISKCON’s Govardhan Eco village in Palghar district was awarded with Green Platinum award by Indian Green Building Council (GBC) of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). The award was received by the village’s director Gauranga Das during green building congress 2017 at Jaipur, Rajasthan.
13. The income tax department has launched an online chat service for tax payers to answer their basic queries and doubts relating to direct tax issues.14. India lost its number one spot on 19th October 2017 in ICC ODI rankings to South Africa. India has a chance to regain its top spot as it plays against New Zealand in a three match ODI series scheduled to be begin from 22nd Oct 2017 in Mumbai.