1. Vijay Rupani (61) was sworn in as the 16th Chief Minister of Gujarat. Besides him, Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel and 18 other ministers (9 in cabinet rank and 10 MoS) also took oath. The 14th Gujarat Legislative Assembly election 2017 was held in two phases on 9 December and 14 December 2017. The election was held to elect all 182 members of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly. VVPAT-fitted EVMs were used for first time in entire Gujarat state at 50,128 polling stations.
2. Five-time BJP MLA Jai Ram Thakur was named as the 14th CM of Himachal Pradesh along with being elected as the leader of the BJP legislature party in the state.
3. The DoNER Space and Public Grievances & Pensions Minister, Jitendra Singh launched the electronic- Human Resource Management System ( e-HRMS) in Delhi on 25th Dec 2017. The launch of e-HRMS is also a step towards the ease of governance.
4. NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission ( AIM) , the Union government’s flagship program to promote innovation and entrepreneurship nationwide in schools, universities and industry, has selected additional 1500 schools for the establishment of Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs). The addition of these schools will give a major boost to realize the vision of the mission to ‘’Cultivate One Million Children in India as the innovators of tomorrow”
5. Guatemala, a country in Central America announced its decision of moving its embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
6. Jammu & Kashmir has launched a high-speed broadband internet service as a part of its initiatives under the Digital India Programme.
7. Partha Mukhopadhyay (70) a veteran actor who had acted in many Bengali classics passed away on 25th Dec 2017.
8. The government of UK is laying the groundwork for building a new economic partnership with India.
9. Justice Swatanter Kumar was resigned as a Chairperson of National Green Tribunal.
10. Justice U D Salvi , the judicial member has been appointed as the acting chairperson of National Green Tribunal (NGT) following justice Swatanter Kumar’s superannuation.
11. Joy Goswami was selected for Moorthidevi Award 2017.
12. Goa recently celebrated its 56th Liberation Day .
13. The State govt of Punjab has banned the production and use of Chinese Manjha.
14. Julon Orlando Hernandez won the Presidential vote in Honduras election 2017.
15. UNESCO partnered with SAMSUNG company for videos on Indian Heritage sites.
16. Sebastian Pinera won the Presidential election of Chile 2017
17. Smitha Nagaraj was appointed as the Member of UPSC (Union Public Service Commission )
18. “ Flying High “ was chosen as the official emblem of Beijing 2022 Paraolympic Winter Games.
19. G.Satheesh reddy was conferred withNational Design Award 2017.
20. Iraq overtook Saudi Arabia as top oil supplier to India.
21. The law makers of Uganda voted to remove Presidential age limits , paving way for their current President Yoweri Museveni to serve sixth term in office.
22.The Jokapatha village of Chhatisgarh received electricity for the first time after 70 years of Independence.