1. India’s first pod taxi project or Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) has invited fresh bids for strictest safety standards on lines of those prescribed in US. In this regard, the five –member committee has recommended issuance of fresh EOI (expression of interest) incorporating automated people mover (APM) standards and specifications in US, along with other general safety parameters with recommendations of NITI Aayog. It is meant for a 12.3-km stretch from Delhi-Haryana border on NH 8 (near Ambience Mall) to Badshahpur via Rajiv Chowk, IFFCO and Sohna Road. The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has been mandated to execute this project.
2. NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar (NISAR), a Dual Frequency Synthetic Aperture Radar Imaging Satellite is developing jointly by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) of NASA. It will be the first radar imaging satellite to use dual frequency. It will be the world’s most expensive earth-imaging satellite till date, costing around $1.5 billion. It aims to study global environmental change and natural disasters.
3. Tamil Nadu Irrigated Agriculture Modernization Project worth $318 million dollar loan agreement was signed by the Union Government, Tamil Nadu Government and World Bank. The project aims to promote climate resilient agriculture technologies, improve water management practices, and increase market opportunities for small and marginal farmers. The $318 million loan from World Bank’s lending arm International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) has maturity of 19 years with 5-year grace period.
4. India to become the world’s fifth largest economy in 2018 by overtaking the United Kingdom and France. The report titled 2018 World Economic League Table was released by Centre for Economics and Business Research, an economics consultancy based in Britain. India currently ranked seventh and further move to third spot by 2032.
5. China has successfully launched remote sensing satellites which is a part of third batch of the Yaogan-30 project to conduct electromagnetic environmental probes. The number of launched satellites was not disclosed. They launched on board of Long March-2C carrier rocket from Xichang Satellite launch centre in the southwest Sichuan province. It was the 260th mission of the Long March rocket family.
6. ‘Prakash hai to vikas hai’ Scheme, a free household power connection scheme for the poor in the state was launched by the Uttar Pradesh Government to mark former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s birthday i.e. on the occasion of Good Governance Day (25 December). Under the scheme, state government has set ambition target of covering 16 million by the end of 2018. Initially, two village Lohban and Gausana of Mathura district have been covered under this scheme for 100% electrification.
7. UP government has launched Kisan Uday Yojana, a scheme for farmers in which existing 5 HP (Horse Power)/7.5 HP submersible and coupling sets of farmers will be replaced free of cost. The scheme will cover 10 lakh farmers by 2022 and will lead to 35% saving on power consumption.
8. A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with South Korea on to enhance cooperation in the field of tourism, skill development, culture and farming was signed after a delegation from South Korea’s Gimhae city met Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in Lucknow and discussed ways to improve cooperation between the two countries.
|CLICK HERE TO BUY ONLINE|
10. Google doodle honours “Mirza Ghalib” on his 220thbirthday. During the last years of Mughal Empire he served as a royal historian.
11. Singapore will host 2018 ASEAN –India Pravasi Bharatiya Divas.