1. The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu Edapadi K Palaniswamy released the e-Governance policy 2017 booklet. It contains the guidelines for developing IT infrastructure for the digital initiatives of the government.
2. India’s second largest rooftop solar power plant in Uttar Pradesh has commissioned by state-owned gas utility GAIL India Ltd at GAIL’s petrochemical complex at Pata in UP. It is 5.76 MWp (Mega Watt peak) solar plant .The plant has over roofs of warehouses covers a total area of 65,000 square meters. It is expected to produce Peak Load Factor (PLF) of around 15% annually, over 79 lakh KWh of electricity. India’s largest rooftop solar plant was commissioned in December 2015 by Tata Power Solar in Amritsar, Punjab. It is 12 MWp solar rooftop project, which produces more than 150 lakh units of power annually. It offsets over 19,000 tonne of carbon emissions every year.
3. e-Samvad portal-the Union Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) launched the portal to provide platform for NGOs and Civil Societies to interact with the ministry. Through it, NGOs and civil society can provide their feedback, suggestions, put up grievances, share best practices etc. This will help in formulation of effective policies and measures for welfare of women and children.
4. Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Amendment) Bill, 2017 has passed by the Parliament after it was passed by both the houses. The Bill amends Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC), 2016, and replaces Ordinance promulgated in November 2017 to pave way for tightening loopholes in existing code and make resolution process more effective. It prohibits certain persons from submitting resolution plan in case of defaults. These include: (i) wilful defaulters, (ii) promoters or management of the company if it has outstanding non-performing debt for over year and (iii) disqualified directors, among others. It inserts provision to specify that person contravening any provisions of IBC, for which no penalty has been specified, will be punishable with fine ranging between Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 2 crore.
5. National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Amendment) Bill, 2017 was passed by the Parliament with the approval of Rajya Sabha. Lok Sabha already had passed the bill in August 2017. The Bill seeks to amend National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) Act, 1981. The Act establishes NABARD for providing and regulating facilities like credit for agricultural and industrial development in the rural areas. The Bill replaces terms ‘small-scale industry’ and ‘industry in tiny and decentralised sector’ with terms ‘micro enterprise’, ‘small enterprise’ and ‘‘medium enterprise’ as defined in MSME Development Act, 2006. Further, it allows NABARD to provide financial assistance to banks if they provide loans to the MSMEs. The Bill allows Union Government to increase capital of NABARD from Rs. 5000 crore to Rs 30,000 crore. Further, it allows Union Government to increase the capital more than Rs 30,000 crore in consultation with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), if necessary.
|CLICK HERE TO BUY ONLINE|
7. The new All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Bilaspur (Himachal Pradesh) will be set up at cost of Rs.1351 crore under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY).
8. The Union Cabinet has approved the revised model concession agreement for public private partnership (PPP) projects in major ports to make more investor friendly. The amendment has stipulated that a Society for Affordable Redressal of Disputes – Ports (SAROD-PORTS) will be constituted, that shall serve as a dispute resolution mechanism.
9. Haryana tourism department has announced that 32nd Surajkund International Crafts Mela, to be held at Surajkund, Faridabad, from 2nd to 15th February 2018. This fair was organized by Haryana Tourism and Surajkund Fair Authority in collaboration with Union ministries of tourism, textiles, culture and external affairs. The theme state for Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2018 is Uttar Pradesh.
10. The Union Cabinet has approved the MoU signed between Union Ministry of Road Transport & Highways and ‘Transport for London’. It aimed to improve the overall public transport system and also to promote the use of high capacity buses in India.
11. The Union Government is planning to sign MoU with Sri Lanka for co-operation in areas of traditional systems of medicine and homeopathy.
12. The Union Cabinet has approved the MoU signed between India and Belgium for Co-operation in the field of Information Communication Technology and Electronics (ICT&E), e-Governance, e-Public Service Delivery, exchange of experts and cyber security. This MoU was signed on November 7, 2017 during the State Visit of King Philippe of the Belgium to India.
13. The Union Cabinet has approved Rs 6809-cr Zojila tunnel project in Jammu & Kashmir and it will be implemented by National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (NHIDCL) under Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. Zojila pass is situated at an altitude of 11,578 feet on Srinagar-Kargil-Leh National Highway.
14. The Union Cabinet has approved the MoU between India and Israel for the co-operation in the Oil and Gas Sector. It aimed to promote investments in each other’s countries, technology transfer and Research & Development in energy sector.
15. The Union Cabinet has apprised of the MoU signed between India and Italy for the co-operation in the field of renewable energy which was signed on October 30, 2017 in New Delhi. A Joint Working Committee will be established to review, monitor and discuss matters relating to areas of cooperation.
16. The Union Cabinet has approved the agreement between India and Myanmar on Land Border Crossing. It envisages the regulation of the existing free movement rights for people residing in the border areas of both countries. This agreement not only strengthens the people-to-people ties but will also provide a boost to the economy of the North Eastern India
17.Rajinder Khanna, former Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) chief was appointed as the Deputy National Security Advisor (NSA) by the Appointment Committee of the Cabinet (ACC). In his new role, he will assist NSA Ajit Doval.
Prepared by Sarala Dhavamanoharan
Prepared by Sarala Dhavamanoharan