The Tamilnadu Public Service Commission has changed the syllabus and exam pattern for TNPSC Group II and Group II Non Interview Posts.
What are the major Changes in TNPSC Group 2 Exam ?
- Language Optionals (Pothu Tamil & General English) is removed from Prelims.
- Preliminary Exam Pattern is changed. Now there will be 175 General Studies Questions and 25 Aptitude Questions (Total 200 Questions - 300 Marks)
- Syllabus for Group 2 & 2 Non Interview Posts Preliminary Exam is changed
- Mains Exam is Introduced for Group 2 Non Interview Posts also
- Syllabus for Group 2 & 2 Non Interview Posts - Mains exam is completely changed
Important Changes in Group 2 Preliminary Exam SyllabusGeneral Science : No Major Changes
Geography : World Geography topic is removed, Indian Geography and Social Geography topics added
History and Cultuer of India : Indus Valley in Ancient India and Medieval India topics added
Indian Polity : No Major changes
Indian Economy : No major changes
Indian National Movement : No major changes
Aptitude and Mental Ability : No major changes
Newly Added Topics :(1) History, Culture, Heritage and Socio Political Movements
Download Group 2 New Syllabus in Tamil Preliminary and Mains Exams Click here
Download Group II New Syllabus in English Preliminary and Mains Exams Click here
What are the Changes in TNPSC Group II Mains Exam Pattern ?
The Mains Exam Syllabus and Pattern is completely changed.
- Both Group II Interview & Non Interview Posts will have Same Mains Examination
- But, Interview is for Group II Interview Posts only
Main Written Examination will have Total 300 Marks
- Total Marks for Interview Posts: 300+40 = 340 Marks (Oral Test: 40 Marks)
- Total Marks for Non Interview Posts : 300 Marks
|Marks for Group 2 Interview and Non Interview Posts|
Changes in TNPSC Group 2 Mains Scheme of Exam
- TNPSC Group II Mains Exam New Syllabus is completely Changed , no relevance with previous Mains Syllabus
- The Mains Exam will have Two Parts. If a candidate secure minimum 25/100 marks in Part A will be eligible for Part B Questions Evaluation.
- Total Marks obtained in both Part A and Part B will together be considered for the Selection.
Part A Scheme of Examination - Total 100 Marks
- Tamil to English Translation - 2 Questions - 50 Marks (25 Marks Each)
- English to Tamil Translation - 2 Questions - 50 Marks (25 Marks Each)
Note : Answer sheets of the candidates who do not secure minimum qualifying marks in Part A will not be considered for the evaluation of Part B
Part B Scheme of Examination - Total 200 Marks
3. Precis Writing - 2 Questions - 40 Marks (20 Marks Each)
4. Comprehension - 2 Questions - 40 Marks (20 Marks Each)
5. Hints Development - 2 Questions - 40 Marks (20 Marks Each)
6. Essay Writing on ‘Thirukkural’ - 2 Questions - 40 Marks (20 Marks Each)
7. Letter writing (Official) - 2 Questions - 40 Marks (20 Marks Each)
Note : This part (Part B) has to be answered fully in Tamil or in English alone
Changes in TNPSC Group 2 Mains SyllabusTitles for Examination
Title 1 - Tamil to English translation
Title 2 - English to Tamil translation
Title 3 - Precis writing
Title 4 - Comprehension
Title 5 - Hints Development
Title 6 - Essay writing on the following topics from ‘Thirukkural’
(a) Significance as a Secular literature
(b) Relevance to Everyday Life
(c) Impact of Thirukkural on Humanity
(d) Thirukkural and Universal Values - Equality,Humanism, etc.
(e) Relevance to Socio - Politico - Economic affairs
(f) Philosophical content in Thirukkural
Title 7 - Letter writing - Official
Syllabus for Examination
History, Culture and Heritage of Tamil Nadu
(This syllabus applies only for Titles 1 to 5 given above)
1.1 Origin and Development of Tamil Civilization - From classical antiquity to modernity.
1.2 Sangam Period Literature along with the historical events related to Language Development.
1.3 Musical Tradition of Tamil Nadu - Folklore - music, dance, Musical instruments and folk drama - From classical age to post-modern age with its modifications.
1.4 Dramatic Art Form - Street Theatre - Folk Theatre - Conventional Theatrical techniques.
1.5 Socio-Economic History - Overseas trade - evidence from classical literature like "Pattinapalai".
1.6 Rationalist Movements - Dravidian Movement and Self Respect Movement.
1.7 Contribution of Social Reform Movements in the implementation of Social Welfare Measures and Socio-Economic
Development of Tamil Nadu - Reservation Policy and its Benefits - Contribution of Social Justice and Social Harmony in the Socio
Economic Development of Tamil Nadu.
1.8 Feminism – Socio - feminism, Literary feminism - Different Concepts and Perceptions.
1.9 Contemporary Tamil Language - Computer Tamil Diction - Legal Tamil - Tamil as Administrative Language - New genres.
(Courtesy : TNPSC Official Website http://www.tnpsc.gov.in )