TNPSC Group 1 2016 Notification Published - Apply SoonAs we all know, the year 2013 was a milestone in the history of TNPSC. Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission introduced revolutionary changes in Syllabus, Question Pattern etc. in almost all Examinations. We could see a rebirth of TNPSC with very new pattern of examinations and fully revised syllabus . Previously, more number of candidates trained by coaching centres could only clear the examination easily and the students who didn't get opportunity to join in a coaching centre were struggling a lot to get a job through Examinations conducted by TNPSC .
TNPSC Group 1 Exam is considered as the Top Most Government Examination for Tamilnadu State Civil Services. As Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts 'All India Civil Services' Examinations every year to recruit the top most posts in the country like IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS, etc, each state in India has their own exams to recruit the State Civil Servants. In Tamilnadu TNPSC is the powerful agency to recruit State Government Civil Services Officers. There are number of service exams like TNPSC Group 1, Group 1 A, Group 1 B, Group 2, Group 2 A, Group 3, Group 4, Group 5 A, Group 7, Group 8 and VAO. TNPSC Group 1 is the Top Most Exam among the above list. A candidate selected in the TNPSC Group 1 Exam as Deputy Collector, DSP will be promoted to IAS and IPS posts respectively.
Posts Included in TNPSC Group 1 Examination
- Deputy Collector
- Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) (Category-I)
- Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies
- Assistant Director of Rural Development Department.
- Assistant Commissioner in the Hindu Religious
- Assistant Commissioner - Commercial Tax officer
- District Registrar
- Divisional Officer in Fire and Rescue services Department
- Assistant Conservator of Forest
- District Employment Officer
TNPSC Group 1 Exam Qualification : Any Degree from a recognized University
Age Limit : Minimum 21 Years, Maximum - 35 years for SC/ST/BC/MBC, Others- 30 Years
3 Level in TNPSC Group 1 Exam
New Revised Syllabus for TNPSC Group 1 Exam from this year 2013
TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Examination - New Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Group 1 Syllabus in Tamil and Important Books List Subject wise
TNPSC Group 1 Main Examination - New Syllabus and Exam Pattern
TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Examination New Exam Pattern
Total Questions - 200, ( General Studies - 150 Questions and Aptitude Test - 50 Questions )
Total Marks - 300 marks (Objective type)
TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Exam Syllabus for General Studies or GK
- UNIT – I - General science
- UNIT - II. Current Events,
- UNIT – III Geography
- UNIT – IV History and culture of India
- UNIT – V - INDIAN POLITY
- UNIT – VI - INDIAN ECONOMY
- UNIT – VII - INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT
TNPSC Group 1 Mains Exam- Pattern and Scheme of Examination
- UNIT – VIII - MENTAL ABILITY TESTS
General Studies Paper – I - 300 Marks
General Studies Paper – II - 300 Marks
General Studies Paper – III - 300 Marks
Interview and Record - 120 Marks
- All papers will be degree standard and descriptive Type
- The question papers will be set both in Tamil and in English.
- Candidats are allowed to answer the Main Written Examination either in Tamil or in English or partly in Tamil and partly in English and arealso allowed to write Technical words wherever necessary in either ofthe languages
"Rome wasn't built in a day"
Since, TNPSC Group 1 Examination is the highest State Civil Service Exam in our Tamilnadu, competition is high and you need to show your full commitment, sincerity and hard work to get success in this exam. With sincere hard work, it is possible to anyone to succeed in the examination.
TNPSC Group I Preliminary Exam
Every year there will be 50 to 100 vacancies in the Group 1 Exam, if you have full commitment and hard work you too can be a successful person in the Group 1 Exam.
To start Group 1 preliminary examination preparation, you should begin with Tamilnadu State Board Samacheer Kalvi Tamil, Science, Social Science Books from 6th Standard to 10 Standard (Cover 11th , 12th Political Scienc, Economics, Geography and Biology subjects.)
Buy Tata Mc Graw Hill or Spectrum General Studies Manuals (Though state board books are enough, get any of the books for ready reference for all subjects.)
Read regularly a standard newspaper in Tamil .
Read any one of the Competitive Exam Magazine (Tamil or English)
Cover current affairs of at least last one year.
Concentrate more on Tamilnadu Related General Knowledge.
Refer the following link for the comprehensive books list for TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary and Main Exam Preparation.
How TNPSC-Portal can Help you?
- Comprehensive study material covering all syllabus areas.
- Daily online tests to test your knowledge
- Model question papers
- Periodically updated current affairs.
- Free on-line guidance
- Answers and clarification to your questions immediately.
New Changes in TNPSC Group 1 Main ExamTNPSC Group 1 Exam Latest News
TNPSC has revolutionized the TNPSC Group 1 Main Examination Question Pattern. The new changes mainly focused on quality of the question type. Particularly the questions were more analytical than factual.
Previous Years Question Pattern
Questions were 1 Marks, 2 Marks, 5 Marks and 15 Marks type.
The questions were asked more factual than analytical.
New Changes in TNPSC Group 1 Main Examination
The new question set includes 3 Marks, 8 Marks and 15 Marks questions.
The questions were asked more analytical rather than factual.